Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Curlies: brush your hair! (fun picture thread)

Length
    22/281/2/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Curlies: brush your hair! (fun picture thread)

I'm a wavy rather than a curly, so my boom was more of a small pfft. It was fun they, and hey, I tried.

Now that I see you curlies brushed, I keep thinking of people I know who are probably curlies but don't know it!
    Psalm 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.

[22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35]

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

I've been meaning to post to this thread forever, but real life kept getting in the way of fun.

Anyway:

Normal hair. I tend to run my hands through my hair while thinking, so some volume. Also, as a bonus, my parents loving attempt at hair control as a small child. XD

Thoroughly brushed hair. This is actually REALLY hard to do because once you brush the first inch or two of scalp, there is literally no where to push the rest of the brushed hair, hence the perfect circle. I usually quit about 1/4 of the way through my hair, and just agitate the scalp with the brush. But occasionally I go all the way, because the result makes me me laugh:

(And yeah, I put this in the George Michael thread. It was after I posted it that I realized that there was a totally more appropriate thread for it!)

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Thank you ladies!

As a mom with straight hair of a little girl with curls I am very grateful to you having saved her the embarrassment of my brushing her hair all the time. I could never figure out why it was so foofy!

I threw out her brush. I've been finger-detangling her hair and all her lovely spirals are back.

I once asked my MIL (who has very curly hair) how to take care of my daughter's curls and she said, "Just put a lot of gel in it. That's all you can do."

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by liseling View Post
    ok, here's yet another attempt using photo bucket sorry for making this thread a test-board!

did that work?
    I'm probably completely weird, but I LOVE hair that is big like this. I wish it were more acceptable for curlies to wear their hair brush. It looks like a cloud!

Length
    chin/hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    I've been meaning to post to this thread forever, but real life kept getting in the way of fun.

Anyway:

Normal hair. I tend to run my hands through my hair while thinking, so some volume. Also, as a bonus, my parents loving attempt at hair control as a small child. XD

Thoroughly brushed hair. This is actually REALLY hard to do because once you brush the first inch or two of scalp, there is literally no where to push the rest of the brushed hair, hence the perfect circle. I usually quit about 1/4 of the way through my hair, and just agitate the scalp with the brush. But occasionally I go all the way, because the result makes me me laugh:

(And yeah, I put this in the George Michael thread. It was after I posted it that I realized that there was a totally more appropriate thread for it!)
    Oh your brushed-out hair is amazing.

I love your curls in their natural state, btw!

Funny pics although I surely wont be trying that anytime soon. Not using a comb was the first thing I learnt when I started growing my curls.

Length
    BSL/Waist/CLSSC
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Ooh!! I'm SO posting to this thread. I'm about to go shower and that means, brushing my hair with my BBB. [To distribute my hair's natural oils] I'll take a pic and put it up, once I get back!! :D

Length
    BSL/Waist/CLSSC
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahmoon View Post
    Aaargh! Why do you curlies even own a brush? :lol:
    Amazing how much better it looks without brushing or combing.
    Well, I own a BBB 'cause I only wash my hair once a week and I want to distribute my hair's natural oils. I'll brush, oil and braid my hair on day 2 [after a wash] and every day after that. ['til my next wash] My curls don't hold very well and are easily turned into waves.

Now, if my hair was curlier...I don't think I'd want to go anywhere near my head, with a brush. xD

I DO agree, though. I find that, curls look much prettier when they're not brushed, combed, touched, etc. ^.^

Length
    BSL/Waist/CLSSC
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Well, this is MY hair, after I brush it. xD You can tell were my virgin hair ends and my old dye job begins. lollz :P

View from the side:

View from the back:

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I've never posted here because my brushed out waves are not nearly as impressive as the pics here. But anyway, for those who are wavy, I guess we can brush ours and it's not so different. I do feel like I look like I'm wearing a hair cape though!!

I've also included the first pic I took for LHC way back in September 2009. It was my hair brushed out back then. ALOT has changed and it's nice to see for comparison.

Interestingly enough, my avatar is also brushed out curls which was on my BEST hairday ever. All the planets aligned that day for my hair. It has never happened since.
    Last edited by julliams; November 17th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.