Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I get tight curls without heat?

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

Default Re: How can I get tight curls without heat?

yay! I think I found the one for you! ^_^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0L8Dgr1R2A
    It's super cute haha, not sure how it will look for straight hair, but I think it should be the same.

I use sponge rollers and sleep in them over-night. (Ouch! ) The next morning, instead of unrolling the rollers out of my hair, I pull them straight out, and it leaves me with a spring-shaped curl. After taking out all the rollers, I brush the curls all at once. It's a lot more poof then curl after this, but if your hair falls as fast as mine does, most of the poof should be gone in a few hours.

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Just throwing in one more here. I used to (when it was still long enough ) do two rope braids when it was damp and sleep that way. That's how I got the spirals that are in my siggy. But you have to make sure they're REALLY dry before taking it out. If they're still damp, the curl sags right out. Just another idea. Good luck!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    16/20/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Sorry if it has been suggested already: 4 tight rope braids in damp hair do the trick for me!

Curls hold for 2 days, 3rd day it looks more like waves.
    Divide your hair in 2 parts, like you are going to make pigtails. Than, divide each part in an 'upper part' and an 'underlayer part'. Make 4 rope braids, sleep till its dry .
    Chin- Shoulder - Awkward stage - APL - BSL - Mid back - Waist - Beyond?

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Torrin Paige has an awesome soft set video on youtube. YOu can do rag curls like she does her soft set if you don't have those type of curlers.
    I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Have you ever used rollers? I hate velcro rollers because they kill my hair. What I do is take my old hot rollers. Don't run away though, because you are NOT GOING TO HEAT THEM UP. Just mist your hair with water to make it slightly damp and roll up the small-medium curlers and hold with claw clips. Repeat all over your hair and leave as long as you ilke. If you can sleep on it, you can even let the curls set overnight. The reason I use my hot rollers instead of Velcro ones, is that they have a smooth covering over the curlers, so it causes less damage to my hair, and there is no Velcro to pull apart the curls.
    I don't know if it still works though on my hair because it is quite a bit longer now.
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/pixie/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

use curl forrmers!! theres no heat required and they give you perfect curls everytime!! just google them.

Length
    -/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Sock bun curls really works, I tried last night and today woke up with this.

I didn't use sock, I used this hair accessory to use for High Bun. Link below,

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
    Life is meant to be an enjoyment

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Someone on LHC (Articles section?) got great curls from simple three strand braids BUT two of the strands were fabric strips and one was hair.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.