Thread: Signature Picture Question

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Signature Picture Question

Hi Mods I have a question regarding my signature picture. I was doing a search for images "thin long hair" under google images and my signature picture came up to my surprise. So I decided to delete it here because I didn't want it floating around google image land. It is still there so I am assuming someone took it off here and posted it on google. I realize that pictures posted on the forums are available to everyone on the internet but I didn't realize someone could copy your siggy pic. Could this also happen with your avatar pic? I'm just curious as to what is available to others and what is not. Any clarification on the privacy and public assess of pictures on this site would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Signature Picture Question

Uh oh. This does not sit well with me.

Theoretically, if they can see the pic, they can take it. There are some ways to block someone from taking a picture off of a website, but there are some ways around it.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

There is absolutely no way to prevent someone from taking a picture off of a website. If you don't want it on the internet, don't put it there.

That being said, Google indexed TLHC and that is most likely why your signature picture is on there.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    There is absolutely no way to prevent someone from taking a picture off of a website. If you don't want it on the internet, don't put it there.

That being said, Google indexed TLHC and that is most likely why your signature picture is on there.
    OK so even the avatar pic is up for grabs? But the pictures in your album if set to private can't be taken??

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    OK so even the avatar pic is up for grabs? But the pictures in your album if set to private can't be taken??
    Can you set your profile to private? I didn't know you could do that. I know you can set your blog and your albums to friends/contacts only but I didn't know you could do that with you profile. I know members have to have a certain number (25?) to see profiles so the pics there would be semi-private. Just wondering if there is another level of privacy for profiles.

I am not here to decorate your world

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Can you set your profile to private? I didn't know you could do that. I know you can set your blog and your albums to friends/contacts only but I didn't know you could do that with you profile. I know members have to have a certain number (25?) to see profiles so the pics there would be semi-private. Just wondering if there is another level of privacy for profiles.
    I don't know about your entire profile, but you can do it with Albums I think?

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Everything is up for grabs. While the staff here takes care in ensuring privacy, this is still the internet. If a member forgets to log off after being here, and another person uses their computer, your privacy is then compromised. The internet has no privacy.

This thread may help clear up the confusion as to what's "private" and what isn't here on TLHC.
    Be smarter, daily!

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Everything is up for grabs. While the staff here takes care in ensuring privacy, this is still the internet. If a member forgets to log off after being here, and another person uses their computer, your privacy is then compromised. The internet has no privacy.

This thread may help clear up the confusion as to what's "private" and what isn't here on TLHC.
    Okey dokey

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Okey dokey
    By the way, I love your username. Very creative!
    Be smarter, daily!

Thanks!!!!