7 1.72%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair up or down?

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Hair up or down?

So I'm curious... do people prefer thier hair up or down?

For me it's almost always up, or it tangles and my neck gets all sweaty and gross.

What about you guys?
    Pegs

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I like both.

Right now however I have the worst of both worlds. I have been attempting to comb it straight while it dries. WHY YOU ASK??? So that I can be able to put it up and photograph my new Baerreis sticks. Which are new, so I am not supposed to get them too wet while they are still curing.

So I have a slicked back combed fuzzy thing right now. All for the LHC cause, you guys.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

My hair is usually in a braid of some sort, sometimes a bun.

I really like the look of it down but the only time that really happens is special occasions or on a wash day.

I guess I'd say I like both, depending on the situation, but I mostly wear it up!
    Last edited by SweetPea88; June 15th, 2008 at 10:48 PM.

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Looks better down but tangles something fierce, so it's down on wash day, maybe down the next (or half down), then up the rest. Usually it's up about 70 percent of the time. Now I'm halfheartedly doing another monthup challenge (started the 2nd and have already cheated twice).

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm wearing my hair up every day until the end of the year (I've taken the challenge and I'm sticking to it!). Although I prefer an even balance of up and down styles, since I'm not trimming until Jan 09, wearing it up it working out nicely for me. It keeps me from wanting to cut.
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    28/31.5/40
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I think 50-50, in this period I'm staying at home a lot and I can wear it down. When I've got semester classes however I wear it 90% up!

Type
    2a/M/ii

I think when i go along time with it down it feels weird with it up. Then if i go a while with it up it feels weird down. When im just sitting at home its usially in a braid. I'm TRYING to wear it up more and learn new hair styles. To prevent tangles and damage. Its quite the windy state here. I enjoy wearing my hair up because when i go out in the wind i think "oh whew glad i put my hair up"!. But if i knew some really cool updos i'm sure i would enjoy doing them for the way they look. My buns are still looking iffy. I guess in all reality...i like my hair down most of the time..if it was a magickal world where their were no knots or such thing as "damage" i would probably wear it down most of the time....but it isnt haha. But once i learn all of those nice updos im sure i will enjoy wearing it up more.
    For reasons other then to prevent damage such as just enjoying all the styles!

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've gotten so used to wearing my hair up over the past 7 months that that's certainly what I prefer now. Wearing my hair down is now reserved for special occasions and I think it will become more and more like that the longer my hair gets.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Always up. I can't stand it down.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    Knee+/23,5"/23,5"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

50-50, I guess. At home I keep it down or put it in a low ponytail to keep it out of my way. When I go out I usually put it up (or in a low ponytail :P), mostly because of the weather. It's often too windy or too humid... or too hot.

Now as I've found hairsticks and other nice updos (thanks to this forum ), it'll be pitty to live without them in the wintertime. I-m aftaid they are not going to work when I wear a hood of a quilted jacket on my head...