• CHEESE ^.^

7 1.72%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair up or down?

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

i didn't vote because my answer isn't black and white.
    I prefer the look of it down most of the time, (it flatters my face better but looks worse down all thin and sad)
    Up i prefer for comfort (it annoys me in summer especially) but it looks worse (for my face)
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I wear mine down most of the time. I enjoy having it down and free
    unless I am swimming, riding or doing yard work.

I do think it is getting to a point that I might have to start keeping it
    up (or, at least braided). It tends to get hung in stuff more now.
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    ??/38.9/39 in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I usually only wear my hair completely down on 'special' occasions, like going to dinner with the entire family. I stopped wearing it down to go to uni. The few times I tried to, I ended up bunning/braiding it because it annoyed me too much (taking notes when your hair covers your blocnote isn't that easy )
    Lady Isilya Nimblefingers of the Flowering Buns in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I grow my hair long to wear it down, that said, it's mostly worn up.

It's worn up all the time at work as 1) I work with a lot of guys and the "Hurrrrr, redhead!" is bad enough without it being, "Hurrrrr, redhead with hair to her ass!" So more or less because it looks professional (to other people) up, because it doesn't then grind behind my back and the chair, and because it won't get caught in power tools, it's up at work.

At home it's up a lot because I'm working on sticks or other projects and I don't need glue/metal shavings/sawdust in it, much less wanting to risk it getting caught in the Dremel. When I'm at the puter I also like it up for the aforementioned back and chair grinding thing.

Sleeping I like it braided or if it's wet, in a bun.

So while I love my hair down, I usually save that for when I'm out and about, shopping, going to a play, visiting family and the like I will say that since I started wearing it up so much, the condition of my hair has improved greatly.

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    It's worn up all the time at work as 1) I work with a lot of guys and the "Hurrrrr, redhead!" is bad enough without it being, "Hurrrrr, redhead with hair to her ass!" So more or less because it looks professional (to other people) up, because it doesn't then grind behind my back and the chair, and because it won't get caught in power tools, it's up at work.
    This had me cracking up, partly because I can imagine it from personal experience with guys being immature around women with longer hair. But the workplace was one other reason I forgot to mention that I mostly wear my hair up: it keeps my eyes clear and I also get complimented on my hairstyles and (it seems) appear professional.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I wear my hair up mostly, though I do like it down.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I wear it down a lot because I just look better that way and feel younger - skinny girl with big long hair. When it's up I look just like a tired old lady. I wear it up a lot in the house to do works. I think it's reaching the upper limit of wearing down regularly, though as it's really starting to get into things.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by morgwn View Post
    This had me cracking up, partly because I can imagine it from personal experience with guys being immature around women with longer hair. But the workplace was one other reason I forgot to mention that I mostly wear my hair up: it keeps my eyes clear and I also get complimented on my hairstyles and (it seems) appear professional.
    *chuckles* glad to amuse. Not all guys are like that, hell, not even the majority, but you only need so many of these looks before you decide that going for the Tight Bunned Mean Look is a good idea.

I don't often get compliment on my updos (sometimes on my sticks), but I got a lot of insightful comments like, "HEY! How's your reception with those antennae sticking out of yer head!?"

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I don't often get compliment on my updos (sometimes on my sticks), but I got a lot of insightful comments like, "HEY! How's your reception with those antennae sticking out of yer head!?"
    That's really funny.

Length
    15"/36"/35ish
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Last year, I would have said down. Now that I'm (FINALLY) getting longer, I had to vote, "Mostly up." It's just easier for me right now. Also, with the heat and humidity, it's much cooler while I'm at work.