View Poll Results: What does your family think of your long hair?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it

64 32.65%
  • They hate it

14 7.14%
  • They find it 'strange'

31 15.82%
  • They haven't expressed an opinion

59 30.10%
  • They told me to eat more cheese!

28 14.29%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your family think of your long hair?

On a Diplomatic Mission Intransigentia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/butt/class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What does your family think of your long hair?

My partner thinks it's totally hot. His mom is probably my biggest hair-fan, whenever I take it down she oohs and aahhs. On my side of the family, they're more neutral. I get the comments of wow it's getting long, but not the florid compliments.

Benign neglector par excellence

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Intransigentia View Post
    My partner thinks it's totally hot. His mom is probably my biggest hair-fan, whenever I take it down she oohs and aahhs.
    It's nice to have a hair-fan IRL. My grandma actually Facebook-stalked me and left a note about how pretty my hair is, on someone else's page, under a completely unrelated photo.

It was really cute in that grandma-you-are-embarrassing-me-in-front-of-my-friends kind of way.

Length
    27.6/TBL/Clsc
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My father doesn't care as long as my shed hairs are out of sight. My mother compliments if I do something different but generally she thinks I'm a little too concerned about my hair. Sometimes she even walks away if I want to do dome hair-talk.

The rest of my family and us live in different cities, so I rarely see them. And when I see them, sleepovers are involved. When they see my hair stuff and rituals, they look at me like I'm crazy. However to me, they are the crazy ones who rip their brush through their hair, continue dyeing and perming their over-damaged locks, etc.
    Regular 0.4" trims to thicken up the hemline while sloooowly growing to classic

Length
    25/20/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

My hair isn't really that long yet, but my mom has always liked long hair on me and my sister. My dad and my brother don't really have an opinion on that

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

My parents like it better "long" than "short", but "long" is all the same to them past about APL. No other family members have ever expressed the slightest opinion on the matter. Pretty neutral overall; I picked cheese.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My mom and brother love it, but my dad thinks I spend too much time obsessing over it... which is only a little true.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    19.5/27.5/hips+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I voted "they told me to eat more cheese" because it's kinda half and half. My mother thinks it's too long and I'm getting too old for long hair (WTH??? There's an age limit??) My neice's however, love my hair and want to shave me so they can have it, lol. My sister likes it, and my brother is indifferent....so there ya go.....eat more cheese.

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

DBF doesn't care, but he likes when I change it up, which I do frequently (growing out bangs, cutting in bangs, getting different bangs, changing hemline, cutting in layers). That's fine because I find changing my bangs/layers/hemline seems to keep the urge to chop at bay. He thinks I'm wonky for all the weird stuff I use in my hair, though.

Everyone else is really supportive, too. The only negative comment I've gotten is from a classmate who thinks I should donate it, *rolls eyes* or from friends when it appears on their clothes/in their food .

Length
    SL/WL/WL+~2
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I voted for hate it though 2/3 of the family hasn't said anything. My sister thinks my hair is getting disgustingly long, not to mention "so 2000." She's weirded out by my no heat styling and we have constant arguments over buns and hairtoys.

Oh well, she was 6 years old in 2000, so I can't take it too seriously. I like my hairs.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

No one cares. No one has ever expressed an opinion. I'm good with that. I never discuss my hair. I don't announce my goals or talk about LHC type hair care. If I hated a shorter cut I never said so and I never revealed my growing plans. It just slowly got longer and I wore it up a lot more. My immediate family is pretty small, just Mr Cranky, my son and my brother. I don't consider inlaws to be really and truly my family. Mr Cranky was brought up in a family where they would never give someone a compliment to their face as it might "spoil" them My mother never liked my long hair and would now and then make a comment so I did my best to style it to please her when I was around her. Toward the end of her life she gave me a couple of nice hair compliments that I will treasure forever. My hair is for me and those I choose to share it with. Family members are not part of that group.

I am not here to decorate your world