View Poll Results: What does your family think of your long hair?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • They love it

64 32.65%
  • They hate it

14 7.14%
  • They find it 'strange'

31 15.82%
  • They haven't expressed an opinion

59 30.10%
  • They told me to eat more cheese!

28 14.29%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your family think of your long hair?

Length
    24.75/30/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: What does your family think of your long hair?

No one has really said anything about it yet, but then again, my hair isn't all that long (between APL/BSL). My husband is all for me growing my hair longer but thinks that my goal could be a bit long (I'm looking at mid-back/waist).

We'll see what people say in a year from now...

Post Re: What does your family think of your long hair?

My closest family haven`t said anything about my long hair but I get the usual, "wow, your hair is really long" from family members that I don`t see that often.

Length
    1"/35"/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My boyfriend loves my hair, but I don't think it would bother him if I cut it. He loves me, no matter what my hairstyle is.

My dad never says anything about my hair and my mom thinks I should cut it. "It's unstylish and too much work."

My "mother in law" would never say anything about it, I don't think she ever thought about it at all. Actually I think most members of my family don't know how long my hair is, they never see it, it wear it in a bun 95% of the time.

Type
    1b/M/ii

For now, they love it. My sister is actually at the same length I am now.

I'll have to get back to this, once my hair gets to the knees

Length
    Chin/WL/MTL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

They haven't expressed an opinion... But I think it's because my hair aren't that long and because all my female cousins have long hair too. Well every body loves long hair in my family.
    They however prefer them attached/braided/in a bun. ^^

Opinions vary, so I went with cheese. My husband was the motivator for me to grow it (I was at about shoulder, which I didn't like, and asked whether I should cut back to chin or grow longer-- he voted for longer). My mother grew up in a short-hair era and has worn hers short all her life. She perks up when my hair gets shorter, though she isn't negative about it when it's longer, just ignores it. One of my sisters-in-law repeatedly grows her gorgeous hair long and cuts it to donate, and her daughters do the same, so there is some family precedent for at least intermittently long hair.

Length
    10/31/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I put "strange" but I feel unfair in that opinion because I consider my DH to be the most important family and he loves it. However, EVERYBODY else thinks it's weird and has expressed their opinions. I guess my 12 year old niece loves it too but that's about it.
    RENEGRAY "because I wanna & sparklies are cool!"

Length
    Pixie/30in./32in.
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I voted "they hate it"...well, my mother hates it long. But she is of the generation (she is 73 years old) where you keep it short, tease the life out of your hair and have helmet head.

So, to keep her calm, when I have to be around her, I wear it up in a bun of some sort.

Otherwise, the rest of the family has not said one word to me about my hair.

The way I look at it, I am an adult, and I am not hurting anyone by having long hair...guess mom will have to just 'deal with it".

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

My mom and sisters find the fact that I use CO 'strange' and same for no heat styling (I got in a bit of a row with my mum when I told her I wasn't going to straighten my hair for my grad photo). I've also been told I need to get it cut because "It doesn't look good to have long hair if its thick like yours" and "Your hair is getting so long its pulling out your waves", but frankly I don't care, especially since I prefer easy to deal with hair, and for me that means enough length to braid/bun as I please.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

They are used to me doing strange things all the time. So no one even raised an eyebrow when I said with a bit of exaggeration that I'm going to grow my hair to the floor

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights