Hello all.

I recently arrived at the LHC and started taking care of my hair. It's been months since I really looked at it - glandular fever and post-viral syndrome got me down big time.

However, I've noticed I've lost a fair bit of thickness. It's really hard for me to tell how much, since I've been haphazardly growing out a pixie and layers for ages, and the last time my hair was in a blunt cut at waist was 4 years ago. But i remember my hair was so heavy then my arms used to ache after putting it in a ponytail! No longer...

So. There's a few things that could have contributed to this.

1) I'm on the contraceptive implant implanon, and have recently heard it can cause hair loss

2) my diet isn't all that great at the moment for reasons I can't do very much about. I'm about to try a one-a-day multivitamin to see if that helps

3) glandular fever can cause hair loss, I believe.

4) While I had glandular fever, I had loads of damage and breakage from doing nothing to my hair whatsoever, so maybe that played a part?

Thoughts, particularly about the implanon? I'm thinking about getting it removed anyway, as I have some unpleasant side effects, but the hair loss thing was 'the straw that broke the camel's back'.

I would say that my hair was a iii back in the day, and now it's a ii - that's my best estimate. I definitely had to use my whole fist to grasp my ponytail back in the day, whereas now I can hld it between thumb and forefinger.