Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premature white hair!! Please help.

Length
    ~APL/33/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Premature white hair!! Please help.

So I'm 19 years old, and I have a LOT of white hairs on the side of my head, around the right temple. They started showing up about two years ago, but recently have become very noticeable. I usually wear my hair down and it doesn't show, but whenever I pull it back there is practically a big white streak! I don't want white hair at this age. I've never dyed it though, and was wondering if anyone might have an alternative or a natural way to cover the whites?

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: Premature white hair!! Please help.

You could put a small amount of henna that matches your natural color just on that streak. I also hea that coconut oil can help prevent grays but I don't know if there is any truth to that.

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Either dye your hair like Christine99 adv, or learn to rock it.

I *wish* I'd gotten the same white lock of hair that runs in my family -- its usually along the temple (left or right, doesn't matter) or right in the center. Its like, a simple shock of white a la Mrs. Munster.

Know where *I* got mine when I turned 21?

My frockin' eyebrow. -sigh- I get so tired of people asking me or assuming that I've over tweezed or went happy with the eyebrow razor. No people, its the family heirloom!! (I don't always like to cover it up because the dye job never lasts. Darn terminal brow length. XD)

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

I remember hearing a while back that grey hair tends to happen as we age and our stomach acid levels get lower so we absorb less vitamins. Although i think that is for grey everywhere...

My neighbor has a daughter with a white streak(maybe 5 years old), sometimes it happens when you have a trauma to that area of the scalp and little kids are always finding new ways to get hurt, hehe. I actually think it looks amazing.

I guess what I am trying to say in the end is... flaunt it If you're not comfortable you could try dye it somehow, it's totally up to you and what will make you happy. Best of luck!

Length
    long/TB/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I say, learn to love the Rogue streak. Here's mine, which I've had since I was about your age (though it's gotten broader over the years):

I've gotten plenty of compliments on it. People have seriously asked me if I dye it that way.

Banned
    Length
    chin/27bsl/tbl
    Type
    1c/F/M/i

I 've had them since I was 9, I pull those little suckers right out.

Length
    ASL/27 in/HipL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

YEP *embrace it* with open arms be proud to have undyed natural hair ..

but then again you can dye it, if you want .. the choice is yours .. whatever you do look after your hair and it will look after you :-) do what makes you happy ..

Renegray also a member of the Micro-trim club

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

My aunt got white/silver hairs in high school, and she hated it and my mom thought it was pretty.

I can see why that would make you self-conscious, but really, it is highly unusual and could definitely be something uniquely and wonderfully you.

Got any pics?

Yay for blonette!

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

There's no one right answer for what to do, just what YOU choose to do. As others have said, you can embrace it, OR like many of us mere mortals do, you can dye it

Right now in my life I'm not ready for grey or white hair, so I henna my hair. If you don't really want to change your colour though, you can experiment a bit with henna and cassia to see if you can get as close to your natural as possible, and using these will mean you're not chemically damaging your hair.

Now, I admire the heck out of anyone who decides to go au naturale and not colour, but it's a personal decision and not everyone is ready to go that route!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    Flip/Bust/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Like someone said. Basically your only -natural- option is henna.

*Sigh of envy*
    Now reading: Fruits Baskets (Volume 9)
    Potential Halloween costumes this year: Jane Lane (from Daria) or Pikachu - your thoughts?