Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a routine like this? and does it work for you?

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Does anyone have a routine like this? and does it work for you?

I have found out recently that my wavy hair absolutely loves coconut oil which is great but by putting it on dry hair everyday was making it greasy quickly as i was only CO a couple times a week.

I have tried this already and my hair has responded very well, i begin by CO daily and putting coconut oil in my hair and damp bunning but i'm concerned i may get terrible build up does anyone else with similar hair to mine already do this?

The reason i started doing this was my hair is at its best just after a heavy oiling so i was thinking it needed the moisture so far i have done this with either Grape seed or coconut oil, i'm trying to combat the very dry ends i get after a few months of no trimming i never had this problem when it was shorter.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Does anyone have a routine like this? and does it work for you?

The CO will wash all of the oil off of our hair-actually conditioners are more recommended to wash out oil build-up than shampoos. Loads of LHC members oil their hair when wet or damp, so no worries. I'm glad you found out something that works for you

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Thank you, i thought doing this daily might be to time consuming and cold on my scalp but i read earlier that plenty of members here do damp buns with their hair is still damp but not soaking wet.

Its interesting what you say about the CO being enough to get the oil out as i was thinking i would need to clarify a lot! i have been battling with how to combat such dry ends as dry hair just soaks the oil right up. So maybe putting oil in damp hair works better.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

me I do this! but I use EVOO, but I oil the last 4" daily and bun and I also CO wash.........great results!

Your hair is looking so long these days.......keep it up!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    18/26/TB/34
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    I have found out recently that my wavy hair absolutely loves coconut oil which is great but by putting it on dry hair everyday was making it greasy quickly as i was only CO a couple times a week.

I have tried this already and my hair has responded very well, i begin by CO daily and putting coconut oil in my hair and damp bunning but i'm concerned i may get terrible build up does anyone else with similar hair to mine already do this?

The reason i started doing this was my hair is at its best just after a heavy oiling so i was thinking it needed the moisture so far i have done this with either Grape seed or coconut oil, i'm trying to combat the very dry ends i get after a few months of no trimming i never had this problem when it was shorter.
    Ohhh, I'm so trying this!
    Lady Cypressa, Keeper of the Olive Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    apl> bsl > mbl > waist > hip > tailbone

Length
    :(/:|/:)
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

You're doing almost exactly what I do. *lol* I cowash daily, then leave in some conditioner, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil. Sometimes I damp braid instead of bun, depending on how ambitious I'm feeling.

I haven't had any issues with build up. Every so often I shampoo my roots, but that's every two weeks at most and mostly because my scalp likes a little shampoo. It might depend on your particular hair and the conditioner you use, but I don't think you'll have many issues.

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Cool Re: Does anyone have a routine like this? and does it work for you?

It's so nice to find something that works well, isn't it?!!! I tried CO (had cones though) and it was definitely not a good experience, and there was buildup. Not from oils though. Now with no cone condish, things are oh so looking up!! Sometimes dry ends might need something extra to lock the moisture/oil in, especially if there is more mechanical damage there, and higher porosity.
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Cool Re: Does anyone have a routine like this? and does it work for you?

Oh yeah, forgot - damp bunning is the best thing ever!!!!!!
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

That's the main way I use coconut oil, on damp hair right before damp bunning. It works perfectly as a leave-in that way. On dry hair, it does nothing for me.

Also, I CWC, so I'm still not shampooing the oil out, and I never had problems with buildup.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I just started using coconut oil on my ends too and I love it!! I always put it in damp ends... I haven't tried damp bunning though, I'll have to give it a try!!