Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Length
    16"/30"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

I thought it would be nice to post links, info, and personal experience/stories for those who follow, or are interested in, moon phases when trimming/cutting, conditioning/styling, etc. I've done a "Moon Phase" search on the forums and found some information, sporadic at best, and I am wondering if anyone has additional information they would like to share as to their regime, according to the moon/planets/astrology sings...

I hear some use the morroccon method while others use the farmer's almanac, some go by the first quarter of the moon before it reaches full, while others choose to use the astrology signs. Each method appears quite a bit different from one to the next. I would like to hear people's experiences regarding any of these. I personally think I will be using the first quarter method.

I bring this up because I have just bought my first pair of shears (Tweezerman 2000, 5.5" shears - recommended by this site) and will take it upon myself to begin cutting/trimming my own hair. I've never done it myself before but I am excited and feeling a bit liberated (not needing to rely on another to trim/cut my hair). I have read trimming information and stories provided on this site by a great many of members, along with some tutorials also from members of this site.

I appreciate anyone willing to share in this thread any information they have.

Length
    16"/30"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have just started trimming by the New Moon phase this month, so don't know yet if there is any difference.
    This web site has a calendar of when the Moons are & what signs they are in:
    http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp

This is an article of cutting your hair on the phases of the moon :
    http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm
    Last edited by Fairlight63; April 11th, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

Length
    16"/30"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Cool! Thanks for the links, I'm going to look at them right away.
    I look forward to hearing what your thoughts on trimming to the moon, after a while.

Length
    pixie/Shldr/APL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I've just started to cut my hair by the moon, and I didn't know there were so many different ways to do it. I also use the lunarium link for the dates, and I use this site for the method:

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

I picked it because it makes the most sense to me (I also liked the styling and processing suggestions), but since I just did my first trim yesterday, it's a bit to early to see if it works.
    26/8/1916 - 21/09/2010

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I am giving it a go this year - using the 'not Moroccan' method (sorry, don't know how else to describe it) and will trim when the new moon is in Capricorn, Pisces, Taurus , cancer and Scorpio as these are the best for quickening growth. Allegedly.

I'm not sure I believe it yet, but I want to trim out my layers this year so this gives me a trimming schedule to stop me getting too scissor happy and I figure that it can't actually hurt growth!

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

My papa was a farmer back in the day while we still lived in Guatemala (this was before the civil war got the best of him and forced us to move). When I was still young and I told him I wanted to grow out my hair he'd tell me when to trim it.

M: Papi, can I trim my hair today? It's looking a little damaged.
    P: -checks the date, looks up at the sky.- Nope. Bad moon. Do it next week.
    M: Okay!

It grew like weed.

I wish I could remember what phase that was.

I'll have to call and ask him.

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Length
    16"/30"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

OoOoo, Hotroc, Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

AnqeIicDemise, your story was so sweet and warming, thank you so much for sharing! I adored reading your comments. I trust he was correct in his predictions, as well. The universe never lies. Do call him and ask! I would love to know more.

Length
    16"/30"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Oops, I meant to include 2peasinapod as well! Don't want to leave anybody out, haha! Be sure to tell us about your moon trim success. :P

I S&D mine by moon phases and I think it grows much faster than before... I'm also out of my "24-inch desert" and past 25 inches now.