Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Quote Originally Posted by LaceyNg View Post
    as far as i know, its the sign the moon's under that dictates if its for faster growth or more length, and the TIME in the cycle that you trim just controls how positive/strong the effect is, if you know what i mean?
    snip
    I know what you mean, but faster growth and more length are the same thing, right?
    I think I'll just be making sure not to trim in the waning moon, because everyone seems to agree on that. The rest of the details nobody seems to have figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbitz View Post
    Okay, so... ummm... this may sound a little weird, but what if I trim just a tiny bit (just the very tips) off my eyelashes this Tuesday, Feb 7th (full moon in Leo)? Based on this hair cutting theory they should grow in thicker right? Does that sound crazy? Anyone interested in trying it with me?
    I really wouldn't do it... I wouldn't take a risk if I were you. I don't know other lashes than mine but they are slow-growers. Go for castor oil if you want them thicker.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Horne View Post
    I really wouldn't do it... I wouldn't take a risk if I were you. I don't know other lashes than mine but they are slow-growers. Go for castor oil if you want them thicker.
    Yeah, thanks. I think you're right. I've just recalled that once last year, when I was cutting my fringe, I accidentally sniped the tips off some of the outside (long) lashes on my left eye. It was a weird look. I thought they would grow back pretty quickly but it took months to get those few millimeters back. Can't believe I forgot that. I have some castor oil so will try that instead, thanks.

But I love the idea of trimming by the moon so I will join the full moon in Leo trimmers this week and do a micro trim to even my ends.

Length
    Ear L/~18"/APL?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

It's really neat. The Farmer's Almanac has a bunch of 'best days' where it recommends doing certain things on certain day for best results. It goes by the moon. They have everything from certain chores to gardening, including when to cut hair to either retard or expediate growth.

It's on:
    http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calend...crease-growth/
    and
    http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calend...retard-growth/

Length
    BSL/CLSC/CLSC
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rilig View Post
    It's really neat. The Farmer's Almanac has a bunch of 'best days' where it recommends doing certain things on certain day for best results. It goes by the moon. They have everything from certain chores to gardening, including when to cut hair to either retard or expediate growth.

It's on:
    http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calend...crease-growth/
    and
    http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calend...retard-growth/
    This has kind of confused me. The days that the farmers almanac says to cut aren't days that the moon is in a sign. I thought the best days to cuts were when the moon is in a sign?

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Who is trimming with me tomorrow? HAPPY TRIMMING!

Length
    SL/SL+/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I trimmed today, here in Lyon (France), according to Lunarium the moon was still waxing in Cancer up until around 2 pm, so I had DH help me trim (I used a Creaclip). It looks nice (yea for even ends!) and I'll be interested to see if my growth increases at all or not. If it doesn't it's no big deal, my hemline was really jagged and I wanted to even it up a bit and I've decided to to do small trims until so I can slowly get rid of my layers.
    No specific goal for now, just trying to practice benign neglect.

So soon, can't wait to trimm on the 7th, right before full moon !! I don't believe in the influence of signs and such (maybe because I am completely ignorant about it) but as I need a trimm anyway, I find that trimming by the moon is a great way for me not to over-trimm my hair and keep trimms a few months appart (I love trimming those ends so much) !

I do believe the moon cycle does have an impact on us, as this is well researched, in the way that Nature's equilibrium / God (or however you name it according to your faith) made it be ... I see it in the same way plants become medicine, the sun is important for us to be alive, etc. the moon also has an important influence on us - and beyond us. Wonder why it is so common sense to know that the sun influences us so much, but that people are much more skeptical about the moon ... even if we know how the moon influences oceans for example. Some religions (as mine) actually follow lunar calendars for yearly celebrations and rituals

Never experienced on what trimming on specific moon days can do to hair growth though, but it's a fun experiment !

Question for you all : do you stop or reduce S&D when the moon is waning ? Do you shave / wax when the moon is waning ?
    Last edited by Maktub; February 5th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Length
    BSL/CLSC/CLSC
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

the farmers almanac says that the seventh is a day to cut to retard hair growth... I'm SO confused. But i'd really like to start trimming with the moon. there is just so much conflicting information.

Length
    Ear L/~18"/APL?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellabones View Post
    the farmers almanac says that the seventh is a day to cut to retard hair growth... I'm SO confused. But i'd really like to start trimming with the moon. there is just so much conflicting information.
    The Farmer's Almanac, I think, is more the phases of the moon, not in signs.`*looks it up* It says in my print almanac that it's by both phase and sign of the zodiac. Hmm. It says the 7th, the moon is in Gemini and I believe it's the full moon.