Page 43 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Length
    chin/-APL/waist

Default Re: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Ok I just read an article that stated for thickness and fullness, trim on a full moon. Ideally a full moon in Leo who is known for his thick mane. For length, it is best to trim during a new moon or waning moon so your hair will grow along with the growing of the moon. Best time to shave or pluck hair is during a waxing moon. So...from this advice I have decided to trim on February 7th to encourage thickness and on March 21st to encourage growth. Then I am done until next year!!!

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm going by the farmers almanac. It seems easier to me.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Post Re: Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Quote Originally Posted by Tia2010 View Post
    Thanks for the info I find this very interesting. My Gr. Grandmother was Cherokee and use to talk about things like this all the time (not just for hair) but I never really listened ( stupid ignorance of youth) she would be proud of me for finally listening
    my gr grandmother was pawnee-- it is interesting to take a more traditional approach, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maktub View Post
    ....[clipped]....

Wonder why I enjoy trimming so much ... strange compulsion. lol

Wish I loved waxing my legs as much as I love trimming my hair ! ah !
    same here :/
    it is strange to look forward to trimming now!
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I have been trimming following new moon cycles in water signs. I've read water signs give growth and moisturized hair.

It's definetly growing faster and has become less dry. I'm very happy. I also love the fact that by following the moon and sticking to my set time for trimming. I don't get scissor happy and give in to trimming it too soon.
    Yeah

My next trim is 19th June 2012 the new moon in Cancer.

Length
    16/APL/idk?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Oh YES!! This is one of my favorite things! I use the lunar hair chart found on the morrocco method web site, I have been using it for a few years now since i first discovered it. At first I thought ok, I have NEVER heard of this before, but why not? Then I started to notice something, my hair grew faster and 'better'. Before using the lunar hair chart, my hair would grow in ok, and then begin to get so thin and broken and damaged at the ends, (actually, just past my chin) that I would end up having to cut off at least three inches at a time, constantly leaving my hair no more than a few inches past my shoulders. Which was pretty upsetting considering that I want my hair down to at least my waist!
    So I started doing the seasonal trims on the correct days and my hair just responded so well to it, I have my hair down past my shoulders now all flowing and healthy with sharp, clean ends. I started self trimming last year which IS liberating, no more wasted $10plus at a hair salon or asking anyone to help me, and then getting mad at everyone for cutting off a whole inch!haha At first I cut off a couple inches because I never trimmed my own hair before, but now I am good at it and I have better scissors, so I just nick off the ends. Maybe I'll make a youtube video on how to trim your own hair!

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

This is an interesting idea. It seems a little implausible that trimming your hair at a certain time could have any effect on the growth rate, but it can't hurt to try. Today is supposed to be good for lengthening so I will see if I can get myself to trim a little. I'm a little confused about water signs, though, because everyone seems to disagree on whether they're good or bad. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by terylenerose View Post
    This is an interesting idea. It seems a little implausible that trimming your hair at a certain time could have any effect on the growth rate, but it can't hurt to try. Today is supposed to be good for lengthening so I will see if I can get myself to trim a little. I'm a little confused about water signs, though, because everyone seems to disagree on whether they're good or bad. I'll let you all know how it goes.
    I have a health condition that requires me to have my blood drawn quite frequently. I began to notice that I would bleed a lot more if my blood was drawn right around a full moon. I mentioned this to my lab tech and she paid attention to her draws, and it did seem like people were bleeding more during the full moon time. So I think there is something to it.

I've been following the Morocco Method Lunar Chart for a few years, but it didn't really seem to make a difference. And I cannot figure out how they come up with their dates.
    I am just going to follow the appropriate signs in the waxing moon phase, and forget about Morocco Method.
    I have trimmed four times in the last two months and my hair is holding steady despite the frequent trims(I am maintaining at 28" to thicken my sparse hemline).
    I also say an intention aloud as I trim for good measure.

I will also be using the moon phases to color and deep condition my hair, as well as start my seedlings this year.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

But what are the appropriate signs??? This is so confusing.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I have read that Cancer, Taurus, and Pisces are most beneficial for hair growth and thickness.
    So trimming in those signs being mindful to avoid void of course moons should be best. You can find out this information just by Googling it; it's all out there in cyber-land.

I trimmed yesterday, January 31(waxing moon in Taurus), and also on January 25(waxing moon in Pisces).
    My next trim will be February 22(waxing moon in Pisces, but goes VOC at 9:23 PM)

I will be coloring my hair on Febraury 5(waxing moon in Cancer). I may do a teensy trim then, too.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I would love to try this but... err... I don't think it would work with my current hair situation!
    Unless... it affects the roots of my real hair somehow?