Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: monistat?!?! should i try it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default monistat?!?! should i try it

okay so i was trying to read the other threads about this.. well theres to many pages to read.. so my question is.. should i try it on my scalp and how successful have yall been with using it and how long have yall been using it?!!?! and if i were to stop would my new growth fall out or what.. my hair grows so slow!

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: monistat?!?! should i try it

Well, you don't need to read the whole thread to get the main points...
    still, for the sake of KNIT, I'll give you a quick and short briefing
    -Some people don't get results by using MN
    - Some people notice new hairs growing
    -Some people notice hair shedding(but not extreme) after stopping the useof MN
    -MN usually doubles the hair growth rythm, so you can expect about an inch a month.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've been using it. I used it for 2 weeks then forgot for a few weeks now and am using it again and going to be strict about it. I had a line of new baby hairs in the front of my hairline from using it and now I have a new line of baby hairs growing in, they look silly but it means I may have thicker hair than I've ever had in my life.

It's worth it at least to try for a month or two. I apply the cream straight to my scalp (the 7 day one) and keep it on overnight... I need to wash mine out right now I'm a grease monster!
    I definitely at least have an inch of roots and the last time I dyed was a hair gloss mid February. My hair grows painfully slow as well so go for it.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanillabones View Post
    I've been using it. I used it for 2 weeks then forgot for a few weeks now and am using it again and going to be strict about it. I had a line of new baby hairs in the front of my hairline from using it and now I have a new line of baby hairs growing in, they look silly but it means I may have thicker hair than I've ever had in my life.

It's worth it at least to try for a month or two. I apply the cream straight to my scalp (the 7 day one) and keep it on overnight... I need to wash mine out right now I'm a grease monster!
    I definitely at least have an inch of roots and the last time I dyed was a hair gloss mid February. My hair grows painfully slow as well so go for it.
    How often do you do that? I haven't been using very long and so far I only do it every few days. I'm curious to try leaving it on overnight.
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Queen View Post
    How often do you do that? I haven't been using very long and so far I only do it every few days. I'm curious to try leaving it on overnight.
    Every other night. Or two nights in a row if you know you won't be able to do it for two nights after those nights. I don't do it when DBF is coming over, he buys it for me but wouldn't appreciate that haha.
    I only do it right before bed since it makes my hair greasy and it guarantees keeping it in for over 6 hours+
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    pixie/bob/apl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

i have used it since early march and have had about an inch of growth
    http://myhairgrowthjournal.tumblr.com/
    Growing out a pixie since August 2010

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

lucky duck.. i def think im going to be going to walmart today...

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

angela, if you are planning on buying it at walmart you should consider getting the equate generic brand. It's what I use and is about $5 for a tube of the 4% miconazole nitrate, which is less than half the price of brand name monistat (and has the same main ingredient).
    hoping for BSL by september!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

does it work as well?!?! oh btw my mom works at walmart so i can use her discount card.. so it will come to be 4. something after taxes.. haha i need to pick up some coconut oil to.. do u know if they sell it there?

Length
    16.5/22/26
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knoxkatie View Post
    angela, if you are planning on buying it at walmart you should consider getting the equate generic brand. It's what I use and is about $5 for a tube of the 4% miconazole nitrate, which is less than half the price of brand name monistat (and has the same main ingredient).
    NICE thank you for that info! I just jumped on this bandwagon too and I think I'll put this on my scalp 3 times a week and see how I do. I contacted Dollartree.com to see if they have any creams that contain Miconazole nitrate in them, cuz if I'm gonna do this 3 times a week it better be cheap haha