Thread: Hassle over my hair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    ././.
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Angry Hassle over my hair

I have hip length hair which my mom loathes.Despite being an adult she will still go through periods of hassling me to cut my hair and my sister will join in.She cannot seem to respect my decision regarding my hair.

My faith requires women to have long hair; this was also a rule in a very strict church my family used to go to.The church had many problems and was very strict so eventually my family left.I'm glad they left but in reaction to their new freedom the female members in my family all have short hair now and I suspect they hate my hair because it reminds them of the church they left.My family are now so anti-religion (and who can blame them) that I dare not admit my faith so it's not even that I explain why I will not cut my hair.The thought of cutting my hair short makes me sad but I don't really have an option! In that church it used to be a rule that, I as a female, must have long hair but now outside the church it's now a rule within my family that I must have short hair.I feel some day I will probably cave into chopping my glory off.I am sure I am not alone in this pressure over something so simple and so personal.Does anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by shyone; April 8th, 2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: .