Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Visible grays: what's your take?

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Visible grays: what's your take?

This is an old thread but I'll give my 2Cents if they're still relevant.

If the greys were grown in and it was on obviously styled and neat hair, I would think that she is an experienced professional (from the eyes of a client).

However, if those greys are in the form of four inch roots, props to her for growing out her natural color, but I would be put off. It looks careless. It would look much better to have an all silver pixie than a ombre colored bob.

This is just my gut reaction without any regard to what is right or even reasonable. Roots or appearances really have no bearing on the person's competence or character, but if we all realized that, no one would wear suits to work, ever.

I would probably assume she's (a lot) older than 35, since most 35 year olds aren't gray yet.

Older could mean I would assume she has more work experience, etc. which is a good thing.
    I would prefer a greying 35 year old business associate than an 18 year old intern-looking business associate. The older would have more experience.

Personally, I plan to color my hair instead of going gray during my career. But, like I said, graying isn't always bad.

If I was in the job market and was gray, I would probably color it.

Some industries are harder to get a job at 50/60 (or looking 50/60) than others.
    I usually assume people start greying at 50.

Hiring perceptions seem different than general co-worker/client perceptions.

Length
    Pixie/23.5"/33"
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I wouldn't think twice about it. The only time I have a negative reaction to someone's hair (regardless of color) is when it's dirty.