I swore I would never step foot in a hair salon-ever again. Well, my ends were getting so brittle and split that my typical S&D sessions couldn't keep up. I bit the bullet and went to a local salon, armed with my mister bottle and my wooden comb. I was greeted with very strange looks and a ton of questions concerning the fact that I have not used "conventional" shampoo in a long long time. I was told I must have a good wash in order to get my hair cut, and that they would use "product A" without any cones at the very least. After trying to explain my way out of it, I gave in and read the ingredients of the shampoo to make sure there were no cones. I must admit, the massage to my scalp felt good, and she did a wonderful job of only dusting my hair. It feels much better. Here's the downside: my scalp (3 days later, no wash or products used since) is extremely dry and flaky in places it never was before. . I have my herbs I use for my hair, and my coconut oil. I need to know, what herbs can be used to get rid of this dry flaky itchy mess? I cannot wear my hair up now like I like to, I'm embarrassed because of the flakes and itchiness. Tonight is my usual wash night, and I'd like to know what I can use to fix this. Sorry about the long post, but I need advise