Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your wedding hair

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Your wedding hair

I don't know about all of you, but I've always speculated about, should I get married, my wedding hair will be like. It's varied a bit through the years, but has generally been somewhere along the lines of long, loose, curly, and bohemian. Something like this:

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleIma...61-5147-43.jpg
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...ycilo1_500.jpg
    http://thebohemianbride.files.wordpr...1/01/lori2.jpg

But I want to hear about what YOU wanted. Or better yet, show me! I'd love to see pictures of your ideal wedding day hair.

(If you're a guy, post. If you've already been married, post. If you've never thought about wedding hair, START SPECULATING AND POST. Seeing a trend here? )

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Your wedding hair

I am not one to fantasize about weddings, but I always prefer loss hair on brides. There's just something so classical and lovely about it, but on some it's wild and has a very unique charm.

Length
    sld/wst/cls
    Type
    3a/M/iii

i really love curly-waxy hair, wearing it down or with a half updo decorated with flowers or with a tiara for western weddings

for really long hairs i like braids with flowers or jewelry

in my wedding i weared it totally covered...just one tikka in the forehead...
    i think so in my walima( wedding party, i didnt had it yet, waiting my documentation get ready so i can travel and do it since here in usa not me or my husband have family) i will wear a braid

Length
    sld/wst/cls
    Type
    3a/M/iii

sorry, typed wrong, wavy, not waxy hehe

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

My hair was wavy and bohemian for my wedding, and long! I have pics in one of my hair albums. You might have to add me to see it.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    pixie/Hip/clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Originally I wanted my hair to be long and curly and flowy and then I came to my senses and remembered that I chose a June wedding in the Northeast, and that I'm figet-y.

The stylist made a giant bun of curls on the back of my head, and then put silk rosebuds around the edges (I didn't have a veil). It was beautiful, even in the 100% humidity we had that day and stayed pretty despite swing dancing with DH. I'm trying to find a good picture of it. Once I do I'll put it in my album. ETA: Link
    Last edited by Cainwen; November 17th, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: add link
    BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~BCL~TBL~classic!~???

Length
    Bob/21.5/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I always disliked the little tiaras women seem to wear when they get married...but I'm totally doing some time of braid/twist crown updo or something. I wear it pretty regularly anyway, and it's much more "me" than wearing it down.

My Goals:

Shoulder-18"~APL-23"~BSL-29"~Waist-33"

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

wow, you made me remind my biggest reason why i wanted long hair.. haha 5 years ago Mariah Carey had a song and in the video she got married, she wore her tailbone length hair(extensions) loose and very wavy.. I loved it so much and from then on i knew if i ever get married i want my hair to look like that..
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

I am getting married next year and I am leaning towards making ribbons out of the same materials my dress will be made off (yes my mother will probably make my dress, and no it will not be white I much rather want a nice evening gown I can use many times than a dress I use only once.) and then do Elizabethan hair taping with it. I am also considering doing Arwen's battle braid or something like Princess Leia's side buns then then lust pin ropes of beads between the two buns to make a sort of short veil made entirely out of dozens of ropes of beads hanging between two buns.

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I had tailbone length hair at the time of my wedding. I put it in a high ponytail, then took a portion and made a bun on top of the ponytail. I put a fancy gold bun cage over the bun, and left the ponytail cascading down from it.

Nice idea, but I had just moved to Florida, and hadn't yet learned to tame the frizzies my wavy hair gets in humid places. I don't know if I have any photos that show the entirety of the hairstyle.

For my wedding reception ceremony in India I had my hair done by someone else. Here is the style the salon girls did: