View Poll Results: Which hair dye is least damaging/best color?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revlon Colorsilk

4 8.89%
  • Garnier Nutrisse

7 15.56%
  • L'Oreal Superior Preference

6 13.33%
  • L'Oreal Feria

0 0%
  • John Frieda foam

0 0%
  • Nice N' Easy

7 15.56%
  • Perfect 10

0 0%
  • professional dye from Sally's or Ricky's (specify)

4 8.89%
  • other (specify)

17 37.78%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those who dye your hair with drugstore color, which brand is healthiest?

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: POLL- For those who dye your hair with drugstore color, which brand is healthiest

I've box dyed at home for twenty years and never had a major disaster - couple of poor colour choices, but 90% of the time I've got exactly what I expected/ wanted. I can't honestly say one brand is substantially gentler or harsher than another, that perception is often based on what your hair feels like after the entire process is complete ... including the aftercare shampoo/ conditioner. Part of the problem is that we tend to change our hair routine over time so it's not always possible to pinpoint the cause of damage.

I currently use Schwarzkopf Live XXL because it gives the most vibrant red, before that was Feria but the red faded super fast. I still had Feria in my hair when it started breaking off but that was also the time the mechanical damage took off, plus the lengths had gone from mouse to blonde to brown to red in their lifetime! Amongst other brands I've previously used Nice'n'Easy for blonde; Mum is happy with Nutrisse for blonde having had salon colours for years.
    Last edited by Firefox7275; March 25th, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: POLL- For those who dye your hair with drugstore color, which brand is healthiest

I've used a lot of things with varying success. All I know to tell you to stay away from the 10 minutes colors. They fried my hair. It took 3 deep conditions to get it a semblance of normal.

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I dyed my hair a few times in the past at a salon with good results (they did a keratin treatment afterward which helped with dryness). I've never used boxed color but my mom has been using Nice n' Easy with no adverse effects or damage.