Thread: An experiment with drying my hair

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default An experiment with drying my hair

Normally I comb my hair once I come out of the shower and let it air dry while combing it every little while. It air dries into very fluffy, frizzy hair. The next day, my hair is very fluffy and thick. If I wear my air-dried hair in one braid overnight, my hair the next day is still fluffy but less tangled and possibly lies flatter. If I wear it in a bun, my hair is tangled and fluffy.

I had this idea to let my hair dry in double Dutch braids and leave it in those braids overnight. I did that and my hair is still a bit damp today, but easy to brush (literally 10 seconds to brush it). While my brush separated out the braid waves (or curls) and made it more fluffy, I noticed that it's less poofy than usual. Also maybe not as thick.

I always hated my Day 1 hair (first day after wash) because it was insanely poofy. This feels like a small victory for me.

Last trim: September 2023
    BSL

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: An experiment with drying my hair

I recall suggesting this to you before. If you have time, try letting it dry all the way. The results will be smoother and won't fluff as much.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Good news!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm glad you are find experiments going in your favor! I love double dutch braids, my favotite style right now

The more surface area exposed to air, the quicker it dries. But the thought now occurs that perhaps hair can dry too much. This is good food for thought. I can't braid but I might try bunning it when wet tonight and see what happens