View Poll Results: Which of these homemade treatments worked for you for more than 6 months?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • SMT(Snowy’s Moisture Treatment) worked for me long term

120 44.94%
  • SMT did not work for me long term

32 11.99%
  • Fox’s Shea Conditioning Cream worked for me long term

29 10.86%
  • Fox’s Shea Conditioning Cream did not work for me long term

13 4.87%
  • Caramel Treatment worked for me long term

7 2.62%
  • Carmel Treatment did not work for me long term

7 2.62%
  • Deep/Heavy Oil treatments (regardless of what type of oil) worked for me

191 71.54%
  • Deep/Heavy Oil treatments did not work for me

22 8.24%
  • Kimberlily’s Coconut Hair Butter worked for me

10 3.75%
  • Kimberlily’s Coconut Hair butter did not work for me

4 1.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Homemade Treatment Effectiveness Poll

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Homemade Treatment Effectiveness Poll

For the past year I've used SMT, Fox's Shea Butter Cream as needed for extra deep treatments or smoothing. I've been doing deep oilings more regularly, at least once, sometimes twice, a week for longer than that. I missed the recipe for Kimberlily’s Coconut Hair Butter till now, but have been making a mixture of about equal amounts of coconut oil and Shea butter, melted, add about 15% of that volume of jojoba oil and/or sweet almond oil with a bit (maybe 5% of the original coconut/Shea blend) of Better Botanicals Herbal Hair Oil added. This blend makes a soft cream, which I mostly use on my skin, but sometimes also put on my hair overnight. I've been making this for just a few months, but it has been working fine.

I've been using coconut oil as a prewash all the time very lightly on the ends and a heavy oiling about once a week for a year now. Nothing else has worked better for my hair that I've tried thus far. I'm really excited to try the SMT this month for the first time. With heavy oilings, I've been doing them more frequently for over 2 months now and the more often I do them, the more my hair is happy. In the last month I experimented mixing it with olive oil in conjunction with the coconut oil and my hair loves it even more than the coconut oil by itself. It's thicker, glossier, and all around more manageable with heavy oilings.

Length
    Ears/MBL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Sometimes my hair just feels dry and brittle and tangly - normally when I get ill. Deep oilings with EVOO are great for these times.

SMTs are nothing short of miraculous. I shove a finger-scoop of panacea salve in them these days as well for extra awesomeness.
    Finally embracing what nature gave me

Can I have waist length hair for Christmas?

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Definitely deep oil....
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I have been doing deep oilings consistantly for about 8 months and it's made my hair so much healthier and thicker. I used to have dry F hair and now I'm a M and hair is shiny and smooth. I use some oil I made up, Castor, Coconut, Olive, Sesame, some Rosemary oil I made with Castor oil and sunshine, some EOs like clove, patchouli, clary sage and sweet orange. The first 2 months I had lots of baby hairs come in all over my scalp. I still see baby hairs come in but as many as those first months. I massage the oil into my scalp and hair and leave in for a couple of hours then shampoo out. I do this with OCD regularity twice a week!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

SMT and Deep Oiling. Yes, awesome recipes.
    Lady Ithilwen of the Shimmering Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!