Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yay! I can't believe it :)

Length
    APL/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Talking Yay! I can't believe it :)

Okay so i just wanted to share something with you guys and gals. Firstly a bit of background info. I'm basically growing out my naturally curly hair as from last year when i found that i had damaged it so bad due to bleaching/constant straightening that a lot of my curly hair was now straight :O. Anyways i always seem to cut my hair when it gets to just past my shoulder back to neck length as i find it a very irritating length and the hairdresser always gets scissor happy when I've asked for a trim. So I cut a fair bit off last year and then in august i cut more of the damage off and my hair was its shortest it'd ever been at chin length. Having to vut it so short (although i liked the cut) was a bit of a wake up call.
    I have never really liked my curly hair but decided enough was enough and didn't want to keep going through this cutting phrase and wanted my long hair back!
    So fast forward to yesterday, I have straightened my hair maybe four times since august and not once during the last three months. I have been using the hair donut which everyday which i love and i guess i was a bit bored of the hair buns so felt i would straighten it. I was half way through and i decided to do a length check via pictures, and I'm so happy it has grown loads since November (when i took the first picture) it's much thicker, my mum and bro couldn't see much growth and didn't share my enthusiasm but as someone who has been watching their hair like a hawk i noticed it . Anyways that's not even the most exciting part, after this lovely revelation of new healthy growth i was looking in the mirror and feeling my hair and i just didn't like it straight. My hair felt drier already and i just didn't want it straight so i grabbed my spray bottle and ta da watered it back to curly. I just can't believe that finally although I've said i didn't want to damage/straighten my hair anymore i really feel like I've embraced my naturally curly hair and don't even want to look at a hair dye or straighten it, which is a major milestone for me

So sorry this is so long, i tend to ramble on and this is my first proper thread post, plus i felt like sharing this with you guys as no one else would understand and just thinks I'm obsessing over my hair haha...which i guess is a little true! I'm not sure how to post the pictures in a thread otherwise i would have for growth comparison.

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Yay! I can't believe it :)

I agree! Yay! Embracing your curlies is a big deal... I think in the long run you'll be so much happier, and your hair will be healthier, and life is just EASIER when we accept and love what we have instead of wanting something else. So much energy can get expended trying to be something you aren't, instead of just beingYOU.

Happy curlies!
    It is what it is. You are what you it. There are no mistakes. - Tom Robbins

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I am so glad you are embracing curls. I have the exact same urge to go back to curly after straightening, I completely understand you. i think I just did it for so long and got such great compliments that I'm not used to 'being me' wavy and flat iron at times to feel better about myself.
    But now with my new length, my hair actually looks better curly IMO. I, too, learned to embrace my waves here.
    Good luck with everything!
    growwwwww..

if I tug on my hair, will it grow faster?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

congratulations! I can relate honestly! I really never wanted my hair past shoulders and i even didnt like my curls anymore due to the damage from not taking care of it at all, i thought it look out of form and wavy-frizz so i decided to just braid it-big mistake.
    But now its time to embrace the natural love and baby those curls! Imagine beautiful curls spiraling naturally down to your hips? I've actually seen it, my face was good job! keep up the good work!

Length
    APL/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TiaKitty View Post
    I agree! Yay! Embracing your curlies is a big deal... I think in the long run you'll be so much happier, and your hair will be healthier, and life is just EASIER when we accept and love what we have instead of wanting something else. So much energy can get expended trying to be something you aren't, instead of just beingYOU.

Happy curlies!
    I'm glad you agree!! I actually now look back and wish i had my long curly hair i had when i was younger! Yes i think so too, i think it's easier to embrace what you do have and you can always change it up every once and awhile. For the past few years i've always felt most confident with pin straight hair but now i can't wait for longer curlier healthy hair

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Curly = for me. I'm glad you're learning to love them too, you will be SO much happier and trust me, we all go through the obsessive stage! haha
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_jas View Post
    i really feel like I've embraced my naturally curly hair and don't even want to look at a hair dye or straighten it, which is a major milestone for me
    That is an absolutely fantastic milestone. Good for you!

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

How exciting! I don't have curly hair, but I can totally relate to embracing what's natural. It's not hair related, but I've been wearing less makeup lately, and preferring the natural look of my face. So I can appreciate how amazing it feels to finally decide it's best to look like yourself!! Congrats!

Yay for blonette!

Length
    APL/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by x0h_bother View Post
    I am so glad you are embracing curls. I have the exact same urge to go back to curly after straightening, I completely understand you. i think I just did it for so long and got such great compliments that I'm not used to 'being me' wavy and flat iron at times to feel better about myself.
    But now with my new length, my hair actually looks better curly IMO. I, too, learned to embrace my waves here.
    Good luck with everything!
    It's a nice feeling isn't it, glad i'm not alone. Yes i am also looking forward to when i get to APL/BSL (am currently a little bit past shoulder) as i think my curly hair will look better in my opinion and i will wear it down then. aww thank you, you too!

Length
    APL/chin/BSL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MeganE View Post
    How exciting! I don't have curly hair, but I can totally relate to embracing what's natural. It's not hair related, but I've been wearing less makeup lately, and preferring the natural look of my face. So I can appreciate how amazing it feels to finally decide it's best to look like yourself!! Congrats!
    Yes it does, doesn't it I actually love period/costumes dramas and always think how pretty the actresses look with a more natural look and those lovely up-dos! Just wish i could recreate these looks and Thank You!