Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: Braided Headband w/ Short Hair

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Help: Braided Headband w/ Short Hair

I've done this style a couple times before when I had a bit more time than I usually do before class -- I do a lace dutch, which seems to work fine. I learned to do it from a video tutorial on youtube.

Thanks milagro for the suggestion of taking thicker chunks at the beginning -- I was afraid mine looked a bit awkward because it gradually got thicker further across.

Length
    BSL/Chin/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Hm, having some trouble. It looks pretty good on the end side, but the beginning doesn't really look like a braid at all, just a mess. One of the issues I'm having is dutch braiding - this means it crosses over close to your head, right? Then once I get over to the other side, I have a tough time transitioning it to still be on the side near my head. I don't know if that's where the messyness is coming from though.
    Here's a picture to show what I mean. Help?

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

If you're starting all the way over next to your right ear and braiding across the head, I can see why that would be difficult. You're essentially braiding upside down for a bit.

If you practiced from the part over, that would get the "how do I do this lace braid thing" out of the way. When you're comfortable with the lace braid skill, you can move the starting point farther right.

I have to do three lace braids on myself tomorrow. This should be interesting! LOL