Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newb here! How do you wear your hair to sleep?

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Newb here! How do you wear your hair to sleep?

Hello! Newbie here . Im still learning some new techniques and tips and had a very important question! Im not sure if this has been previously asked and im sorry if it has been, but how do you all wear your hair to bed in order to prevent knots, breakage, or split ends? Now that my hair has grown further down my back I find it in knots when I wake up. Please please help me out Thank you!

Length
    10"/57"/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Newb here! How do you wear your hair to sleep?

Eh, new here too, I don't mind your question

It really depends. I sometimes brush it and braid it at the top of my head, but I don't necessarily like the waviness that results in, so I sometimes just brush it and put elastics on it about 15 cm apart. This doesn't protect the hair tips, though. I am considering finding something to roll my tips onto so that ALL my hair comes out curly/wavy in the morning, but I keep not getting around to by a roller set... Also, if my bun loosened over the day, I sometimes just reclip it right to the top of my head so that it doesn't bother my head while on the pillow, which should protect the hair tips a bit more. You?

Stunning hair, btw. Is it naturally curly like that?

Length
    10"/57"/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Your question reminds me, though: any thoughts on hairnets anyone? For sleeping?

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Thank you for the info. Lately I have been braiding it but I did a keratin treatment in my hair and I love the way my hair dries naturally. The braids kind of make it a little odd and my ends tend to not curl with the rest of my hair. :/ My hair is actually naturally very curly but over the years heat has given me loose curls. I achieved the look in my photo with a hair straightener . Thank you.

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Hi! I'm new too. I've been doing a lot of reading on here about how to care for hair while sleeping. Don't ask me which threads this information came from. I have honestly forgotten. A lot of LHC members use a silk pillow case and/or a silk nightcap. Cotton has the awful tendency to knot and break hair. Putting your hair up in a bun or braid that doesn't interfere with sleep is also a good idea.

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Lets see, I think the most popular sleep styles are; braids (double or single), buns (usually at the top of the head), silk night caps and there is always the rouge "loose hair sleeper" lol. Some sleep still enough that they just trail their hair over the side of the bed. It depends a lot on the person, the hair length and their preferred sleeping positions.

I personally sleep loose or braided. My hair isn't long enough for a sleep style to be absolutely necessary yet, although I am getting there! I don't worry about braid waves because I usually wear my hair up. Hope that helps!
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Account Closed by Member Request

I single braid it and then put on a satin sleeping cap (you can find one at Walmart super cheap) and this has eliminated any knots or tangles in my hair.

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Once upon a time when my hair was long, I used to route it over the top of my pillow so that the hair was all above my head. My hair seems to be somewhat resistant to tangling to begin with and this minimized tangles even further.

I like to sleep with mine in a bun on top of my hair, it has started to turn into a secret signal to my husband (when the bun it on I'm ready for sleep, you don't mess with the bun ) but it really is a personal preference. You find what works for you and you roll with it

Length
    14in/42in/n/a
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Hello, I'm new too!

As for me, I just lay my hair over the top of my pillow... I couldn't image being able to sleep comfortably with it tied up in any way...