Thread: Oversensative scalp?

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Oversensative scalp?

My head just hurts anymore when I wear it up.. But I still put it up cause I dont know why..

I have tried wearing the buns different. Tried braids, sticks, forks, scrunchi's and just about every other contraption to hold it up..

I just don't know what to do.. I want long hair.. Like to wear it up but it always hurts!! An I end up in pain. Even My sleep cap, has been hurting.

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012

Length
    Short/Clssc/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Oversensative scalp?

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Other than trying different methods, and different placement of the bun, I don't have any advice. Maybe try some "extremes" in positioning like up on top of your head, or right at the nape. Sometimes a single braid started at the nape and left hanging is the easiest for my scalp to tolerate.

Hugs to you!

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Lady Alassiel of Water and Wisdom in The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/clsc+/Term?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Oversensative scalp?

If you haven't been already, maybe visit a doctor or dermatologist to make sure you don't have any sort of scalp condition. Eczema, dermatitis or other skin conditions can make your scalp more sensitive. (That you said even a sleep cap actually *hurts* made me think it could be more than just regular sensitive scalp.)

But it could just be that you have a really sensitive scalp. And you don't actually *have* to put it up all the time to grow it long, especially if it's actually hurting you, that's got to take a lot of the joy out of growing your hair long.
    It is possible to grow long hair without wearing it up all the time. There are people on here who have reached very long lengths (past classic) while wearing their hair down most of the time.