Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No, it isn't.

Length
    17/31.5/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default No, it isn't.

I wore my hair down today for the first time since last summer, and a friend started petting it. Then she told me, "Your hair is super long now!"

My hair is APL. I couldn't help myself from laughing.

Anyone else find that your idea of "super long" and other people's differs considerably?
    "All of us are lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
    Shoulder (19)-APL (24)-BSL (26.5)-Waist (31)-Hip (33.5)-BCL (38.5)-TB (40)-Classic (45)

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: No, it isn't.

I haven't been past shoulder length for a loooong time, so anything past that seems long to me.

Length
    ~23/33/33
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Well, there's "reality" (that is, my hair is only mid-back, not knee-length, so it's ridiculously short, hehe ) and then there's what the rest of the world thinks about hair length. I just accept that the world lives in a different hair paradigm, and I can slip into that mindset if I need to and, say, agree when someone says that APL is long. To them, it is long! Then I have my personal expectations about hair that I get to share with everyone here.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I get told that my hair is getting long at MBL. I'm so close to waist! But I still don't consider that long.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/Chin
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I know exactly what you mean! But I guess its all relative too because if they're used to you having much shorter hair then they can just mean wow its grown a lot compared to how it used to be. I get that a lot because my hair hasn't been past shoulders in years so everyone's like its getting so long and my thoughts are "not long enough!".
    ***Pixie***- Chin - SL- APL - BSL ...

Waiting for my sweet baby boy ~November 2014

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I declared my hair to be long when it got to APL, not "super" long, though. But I understand. APL is quite long compared to a pixie or chin-length bob.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Standards of long and short become more and more skewed the more time you spend here I used to think mbl was nice and long. Now it's just the beginning of long. It's all relative. If someone thinks your hair is "super long", thank them, hug your hair and say "yes it is, I love it".

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I've always had an atypical idea of "long hair" even before I came to these forums, and even when I had short hair

My hair is not quite at waist yet, so to me it's still "medium length", although if someone asked me to describe my hair, I'd say it was "long" because that's what the world at large seems to think.

To me, hair doesn't qualify as long until it's past waist!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I'm currently at waist and the best I can do by way of describing that is "long-ish".

In my mind, "long" will probably be when I'm halfway between hip and tailbone...

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Hah, yes!
    My hair doesn't seem as long as it is to me, but everyone else tells me how super long it is. My hair is maybe just past waist, and I don't realise how long it is until I see it in photos!!