Page 1 of 234 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Red face I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

That's right, post photos here of your Ketylo collection. Action shots are also welcome. If you can, please tell the color name and length.
    Go ahead and include topped Ketylos from other makers if you have any.

1. 6" gold/black aqua pearl wavy 2 prong fork
    2. 6" blue/black aqua pearl wavy 2 prong fork
    3. 6" santos zebra
    4. 6" carnival
    5. 6" blue/black aqua pearl
    6. 6" green aqua pearl
    7. 6" red aqua pearl
    8. 6" raspberry twist
    9. 4" painted pink
    Last edited by Cinnamon Hair; June 11th, 2008 at 08:32 PM.

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Well... okay!

Here they are:

Close up on the colors:

From left to right (all are shorts/ 5" except for the aquapearl, which is a medium/ 6"):
    Vineyard, Alabaster, Tortoise, Santos Zebra, Carnival, Agatewood, Tahitian Jadewood, Green-Black Aquapearl.

I have action shots of all of them, but I'll just do my favorites. If anyone wants to see a particular one in hair, just let me know!
    Agatewood:
    Vineyard:
    Tahitian Jadewood:

(If my hair looks signifigantly different in volume in the action shots, it's because only one has been taken in the past month. The other two are several months old, at least).

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Well done Chloeishere! I never realized vinyard has that bright green in the mix. (Adds to wishlist). The tahitian jade really stands out in your hair. Neat!

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    Close up on the colors:

From left to right (all are shorts/ 5" except for the aquapearl, which is a medium/ 6"):
    Vineyard, Alabaster, Tortoise, Santos Zebra, Carnival, Agatewood, Tahitian Jadewood, Green-Black Aquapearl.
    Funny, my Agatewood sticks look very different from yours. I'll try to remember to get a photo of them.

I don't have a pic of all of my sticks, but I took advantage of a sale (along with some other folks) a while back, and this is what we ordered:

Bloodwood, Yellowheart, Kingwood, Tulipwood, Macassar Ebony, Indigo Royalwood, Raspberry Twist, Vineyard, Purpleheart.

Only the 4 sticks on the right are mine, but I do have a tulipwood stick. I also have Agatewood and East Indies Rosewood.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

chloeishere it could be the photo, though the other colours look the same but your second one doesn't look like the alabaster on ketylos webpage? I can't find a ketylo that's blue and black on the page though? You have a pretty collection though

ETA: Maybe it darkened with age?
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    chloeishere it could be the photo, though the other colours look the same but your second one doesn't look like the alabaster on ketylos webpage? I can't find a ketylo that's blue and black on the page though? You have a pretty collection though

ETA: Maybe it darkened with age?
    Not Chloe, but I'm going to guess it is actually an indigo royalwood ketylo. Indigo dymondwood is not blue/black but blue and extremely dark navy. If you're not in the sun you may as well call it blue/black though.

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

It's not actually blue and black. It's blue and an extremely dark green! You can see if you look carefully at the dark stripes in the close-up shot. It is, however, technically an alabaster stick, I swear!
    Unfortunately, it appears that my alabaster stick (and actually, the vineyard stick as well) somehow was dyed REALLY dark on the green. Not exactly what I wanted, but there's no way to know about those variations, sometimes. It's probably one of the reasons I don't consider it one of my favorites-- it just looks dark unless it's directly in bright light.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thanks for you answers It really has come through as dark, which is why I had to ask.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

All mine are mediums

From left to right
    Ketylo Hairstick Exotic Purpleheart - Medium
    Ketylo Hairstick AquaPearl Green-Black - Medium
    Ketylo Hairstick Exotic Kingwood - Medium
    Ketylo Hairstick Dymondwood Tropical Purplewood - Medium
    Ketylo Hairstick Exotic Purpleheart - Medium

Another photo with the same sticks plus an indigo stick and an alabaster one as well. (probably showing why I was asking about the alabaster colours)
    Last edited by Liluri; June 20th, 2008 at 05:05 AM. Reason: edited to add another photo with added sticks

Length
    26/38/40
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    That's right, post photos here of your Ketylo collection. Action shots are also welcome. If you can, please tell the color name and length.
    Go ahead and include topped Ketylos from other makers if you have any.

1. 6" gold/black aqua pearl wavy 2 prong fork
    2. 6" blue/black aqua pearl wavy 2 prong fork
    3. 6" santos zebra
    4. 6" carnival
    5. 6" blue/black aqua pearl
    6. 6" green aqua pearl
    7. 6" red aqua pearl
    8. 6" raspberry twist
    9. 4" painted pink
    WOW what a beautiful collection you have!! I have stick envy
    Last edited by littlemiss; June 12th, 2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Cloudchasers and Dreamers Welcome!! Lady Værmina, Gatekeeper of Dreamscapes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights! & self confessed hair idiot!!
    I havent always been kind to you!! hair pics