Page 12 of 253 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
    Those are very nice willowcandra! I also ordered the colonial chestnut, but (from your picture anyway) mine is a little darker.

I need to take some pictures and get them up. I'm very happy with them!
    Mine isn't very dark at all. (that picture is quite accurate, natural; light no flash. sticks are only a fraction darker in real life) I was expecting a layer of darker colour. But anyhow I still like it.

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Just wanted to say that I have been wearing my hair in a bun today with nothing but one short ketylo holding it (not even pony band). There is plenty of the stick showing and it's very comfy. I have done all the housework etc and it's still exactly in place.

They are actually longer than the usable part of my short mei fas. So after my initial shock at how small they are I am really pleased with them. And will only order a couple of longer ones in future for figure eights and chinese knots.

I am in love with my little shorties. I would happily have one in every colour and wood. And maybe a few pairs.

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

Now that I have used them a few days, I have to say I am falling in love with these sticks. The remarkable corkscrew shape really works very well with my hair, it kind of "clicks" in place and stays there. I can wear updos that are a lot looser (which is nice since my curls don't get so stretched and kinked at weird angles) than I can do with regular hairsticks. I can see how a small one would work even in it would completely dissapear in an updo. For me both medium and long work equally well, and the longs aren't too long so that I will stab my neck.

Also, the shape is so nice to the touch I find myself holding one in my hands and turning it around while I am reading or doing something else
    Last edited by Medvssa; August 5th, 2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    18/44/Term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Medvssa View Post
    <snip>
    Also, the shape is so nice to the touch I find myself holding one in my hands and turning it around while I am reading or doing something else
    Ah, another hairstick twirler checking in here.
    Lady Raederlhe of Chocolate Treasures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Tribute to the KL Knot Photos April Hairtool Challenge Photos
    Renegrays -swearing undyeing loyalty to the silver cause!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I tried to click on the forks on the website but it said that they didnt have any. Did I do something wrong? Is there another way to order them?
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I think they only present the forks on their website, but they are actually crafted by someone else... so you have to order the forks directly from the artists.

I just want to confirm with you about ordering from Ketylos. I placed my order on the 4th and got as confirmation number at the end. I never received an email confirmation. Is this the normal practice of the company. I have checked my order daily using confirmation number and nothing has changed. Worries me a bit as they have my CC number. Should I be concerned or will I just received my sticks in a few days?

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I am not sure, egryphon, but I'd try and send them an email, they seemed to be very friendly. I received a confirmation email, but I also ordered a 5th stick during the sale, so they confirmed that they got my email and would add the 5. stick to the order... I am not sure how they usually do it.

ok that sounds reasonable. I will just drop them a line and see what happens. Thanks.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I missed the sale, but after experimenting with other sticks I find that I really really like the ketylos the best. I keep going back to them. I originally got one short tortoise and a medium carnival and I really like them. The pictures here can look so different than the ones on the website. I have been sitting here pouring over what to get. The gabon ebony are sold out so I got a silvertone. Some of the silvertones here look mostly black but the other looks more silver and I got the madigascar ebony which on the picture here looks more brown/black which I like actually. I also got a rosewood. All in mediums but after the post about the shorties holding alot of hair so well I need to go back and work with mine more. I had only been using it for a half up but maybe it needs a bit more of a work out.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.