Thread: How does henna affect your scalp?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Re: How does henna affect your scalp?

If I don't shampoo after hennaing my scalp is really itchy because I can't seem to get all the powder out I'm surprised that your scalp likes the cinnamon, though, I always thought it was prone to irritating the skin.
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    24/24/28

Henna and coconut milk was my last henna experience as well. Made my hair feel AWESOME and rinsed out oh so easily. My scalp did itch for a day or so afterwards. My scalp usually only itches after using henna or shampooing two days in a row. I think it gets too dry.

Length
    16/28/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I have a fairly dry scalp to begin with, and it does feel a bit drying. However, I only use it maybe every three months, so there's plenty of time to baby my scalp. I also haven't noticed enough of a difference to cause me to stop using it. (My scalp is really very dry regardless of what I do anyway. Especially winters and dry air are problematic.)

The things I've added to my henna mix have been another thing entirely, however. It's impossible for me to use lemon, since it's far too drying. It also appears that it's less drying if you shorten the time you keep it on your head. For me, an hour is enough. I don't really get any more colour to stick to my hair after that, anyway.

Arrow Re: How does henna affect your scalp?

Henna cleared my dandruff problem almost completely . Only if I neglect to henna for a month or so that I start getting a few flakes again , then it completely disappears when I henna

My scalp loves henna. When I rinse the henna out of my hair I just gently massage my scalp and head.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I have had to go off cones since starting henna, I started to get buildup. After about 4 weeks my scalp started to get dry and itchy, and I got flakes. After my root touch up with henna...a happy scalp, we'll see how long it lasts.