Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does henna affect your scalp?

Length
    SHLDR/32/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: How does henna affect your scalp?

I've never had scalp problems in my life, but since I've started this crazy shedding, I seem to be getting little ingrown hairs or maybe they're pimples. Anyway, I henna-ed yesterday and guess what? It seemed to detoxify my scalp. All of the bumps are gone!!! Maybe it acted like a clay masque or something.

Length
    85"/47"/47"
    Type
    1c/C/iii

If grossness intrigues you, continue reading. If not, stop now

I have always had heinous dandruff but I guess I repressed those memories since I started on henna/indigo a million years ago and acquired a lot of black in my wardrobe (those with bad dandruff know what I mean by that).

I recently went on henna hiatus for a little over a couple months and the insidious scalp issue returned (although not nearly as bad as in the past). The cool thing that happened? The day after I hennaed the entire layer of flake lifted like one giant crud helmet. It was awesome! Once I had the helmet combed out of my hair I was just left with a nice shiny healthy scalp. It was the most fun I remember having in a long time. It's a combination of being gross and isolated I think But nothing has been so great as henna for my scalp. I haven't had any problems henna itchiness (although indigo is a totally different story). I love the way my skin reacts to henna though

Quote Originally Posted by Catia View Post
    If grossness intrigues you, continue reading. If not, stop now

I have always had heinous dandruff but I guess I repressed those memories since I started on henna/indigo a million years ago and acquired a lot of black in my wardrobe (those with bad dandruff know what I mean by that).

I recently went on henna hiatus for a little over a couple months and the insidious scalp issue returned (although not nearly as bad as in the past). The cool thing that happened? The day after I hennaed the entire layer of flake lifted like one giant crud helmet. It was awesome! Once I had the helmet combed out of my hair I was just left with a nice shiny healthy scalp. It was the most fun I remember having in a long time. It's a combination of being gross and isolated I think But nothing has been so great as henna for my scalp. I haven't had any problems henna itchiness (although indigo is a totally different story). I love the way my skin reacts to henna though
    Boy do I know what you mean! I've had that happen although it wasn't one huge sheet of scalp peel off. It split into 3. I used to have really bad dandruff and when I broke my hand I couldn't itch my scalp. I remember getting my cast off and then peeling off that layer of dead skin...lol it was both gross and extremely satisfying

Arrow Re: How does henna affect your scalp?

Henna cleared my dandruff problem almost completely . Only if I neglect to henna for a month or so that I start getting a few flakes again , then it completely disappears when I henna

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

If I don't wash it out well enough I totally get an itchy scalp, but if I rinse it out well, my scalp is totally itch free.
    I have sensitive skin that always itches, so henna feels so nice on my head.
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Length
    12in/12in/12in
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Oh I LOVE it! I have been coloring for years with Nutrisse or L'Oreal or whatever was on sale. I started "all natural last summer and have been hesitant to Henna color because I heard it was going to be messy. My hairdresser was particularly negative about it but I ignored all that and did it and I LOVE my new red...there is so much beautiful highlight in my hair now! It looks very very natural which I love!! and also, it covered my gray hair near my temple well...better than expected.

My scalp loves henna. When I rinse the henna out of my hair I just gently massage my scalp and head.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I have had to go off cones since starting henna, I started to get buildup. After about 4 weeks my scalp started to get dry and itchy, and I got flakes. After my root touch up with henna...a happy scalp, we'll see how long it lasts.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

My Scalp can get a bit dry after using henna in the winter. I don't find I have the same problem in the spring and summer. I may start doing a good oil massage on my scalp the day before I henna though to see if it helps with the dryness.

Length
    14/23/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

my scalp has been dry all my life, been using henna for the past year and it's not really changed my scalp (gorgeous colours though)
    I've never heard of using coconut milk in henna, i might try that next time