Thread: Bad Hair Dream

Default Bad Hair Dream

I just woke up from a bad hair dream. I've not had one in a while, so I decided to post.

I was walking down a sidewalk on a suburban street when suddenly there was a mirror in front of me, hanging from a tree, and I saw my hair. And I couldn't believe what I was looking at :-)

The first thing I noticed was the color: the top was fine- brown with red from my henna, and in great condition- but the bottom part was this horrible shade of yellowish orange, which I supposed was from having henna'ed over my bleached hair, which is still growing out (in real life this part is brown from having been henndigo'ed). I couldn't believe how bad it looked- like a dingy carrot. I wondered how it had gotten that way without my noticing, and started trying to figure out what I should do to fix it. (I have chemical sensitivities so can only use henna, indigo, buxus, cassia to color my hair.)

As I was trying to figure out what to do about the color, I noticed that I had bigger problems: the bottom twelve inches of my hair was thinned out from damage, generally fried, and totally straight whereas the hair that ended just below my shoulders was very full, bouncy, healthy, shiny, and CURLY. The hairs that was the longest were all bottom-layer hair, whereas the ones that ended near my shoulders were upper-layer hairs. I realized that I had the long-hair version of a mullet.

I grabbed the fried bottom part of my hair and tried to imagine it gone, to see if I should cut it off. I realized that if I did so, I'd have curly shoulder-length hair, which would be too much of a shock for me handle. (I've had straight/wavy waist-length hair for the past 25 years- sometimes cutting up to BSL, but then regretting it and immediately re-growing to waist. Currently it's waist length) Also, I remember thinking that if I had shoulder length hair, I'd look like some bland conformist who lived for the practical. (I'm 41, and even though I have no biological kids, I feel like I have to be careful not to look like a soccer mom because I'm at that suspect age.)

I couldn't figure out how I was going to fix the disaster that was my hair, and didn't understand how it could look this way without my having noticed sooner.

By the end of the dream, I'd forgotten about my hair and was swimming in a lake, thinking this was going to be the last day this year that the weather would be nice enough to do this. (I live in Michigan and it's already gotten below freezing here at night...there are no more lake days this year!)
    Last edited by amyhenna; October 29th, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Bad Hair Dream

Hey relax Maybe your thinking too much about your hair

Yeah- the day of the night I had that dream, I was looking at my hair in the sun at work, wondering if the bottom (bleach + henna) part looked a little green :-)

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Better then the hair dream I have- where I wake up and I have a buzz cut again, like I had when i was a kid... Though I do get dreams where I have tons of split ends to.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    12''/APL/knee

I had a nice dream, my hair was about hip length, and then I woke up
    Shoulder--APL--BSL(By summer 2012?)--WL--Hip--Classic--Mid thigh--KNEE