View Poll Results: how long have you gone?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than six weeks

6 1.15%
  • 6 weeks to 6 months

85 16.35%
  • 6 months to one year

136 26.15%
  • one to two years

171 32.88%
  • two to five years

103 19.81%
  • I never trim my hair

10 1.92%
  • Other!

9 1.73%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the longest you've gone without trimming?

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: What's the longest you've gone without trimming?

In the past, when I was afraid of hairstylists, I went over a year.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Length
    26/26/40+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I used to be Pentecostal for about 6-7 years and during that time I never trimmed my hair. Then I started trimming every 3-4 months.

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I went from March 2009 to July 2010 without a trim. Then from July to November, 2010. Now I'm not trimming until 2012.
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.

Length
    3cm/42cm/150cm

As far as I can remember, which isn't very far apparently, last year was the longest I'd gone without trimming my hair (Mar/April 2010 to Jan 2011). However, there may well have been years where I hadn't cut my hair at all - it got long a few times after my son was born, and I chopped it short a few times, usually every 2 years, but I don't remember if I trimmed it in between or not. Love the new mummy brain! I don't S&D, never have, could never find splits when I checked, so had no reason to. (I may also have a bias against S&D also, as I have vivid memories of girls at school, blatently defying the rules as they sat hunched over with their hair over their face in class, "looking for splits". In every case, the girls in question took such bad care of their hair that I could spot a hundred splits from across the room, on one lock of hair. It was simply a conspicuous time-wasting tactic; I prefered a good book ) I still can't find splits, but mostly because my hair is too short to see the ends without going crosseyed. I can feel damaged ends at the back, but can't see them. I'd rather get a 2" trim once a year (or more or less frequently as needed) than send myself blind trying to find individual damaged hairs anyway. Plus I like a blunt hemline.

Length
    Shldr/Waist/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I voted 6 months-1 year, which had to have been when I was in middle school because I don't remember, I know that one summer I had shoulder length hair and the next is was bsl so I don't think I trimmed
    "Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching."

I think 2 years or so. I didn't trim much when I was younger. Now maybe every 6 months or a bit more but not this year (as I'm taking part in the No Trims in 2011)

Banned
    Length
    12/13?/20
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

just two months, ago.

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I went about a year and 3 months before finally doing some much needed trimming. I don't get splits but I do get fairytale ends like crazy and they need to be trimmed to look good.

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

When I was a teenager I went a few years. I wasn't sure if it was 2 years or 3 years but my hair got to be pretty long. Sad thing is I am not even sure how long it was. Probably around hip. I also did nothing special to take care of my hair, blowdried, straightened, and swam every day! My hair was perfectly fine.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

One year and 5 months. I spur-of-the-moment decided to trim last week. I took off about an inch, and now my ends look much blunter! I'd say that I didn't necessarily need to trim, though, and my condition has remained fairly constant, thanks to my obsession with S&D.