Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Products with 1 cone - good or bad?

Length
    22/33/hip33
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I cone and not cone and cone some and cone alot.

I don't use cones every day, I dont use them when I plan to wear my hair up (to much slip)

I do use them in the rain, I use heavy amounts of cone when I where my hair down and straite

I do use low cone condish when my looks fuzzy to help but let my hair oils pass through.

It realy all depends on you.

Bad poem I know but its realyy a try for a week or month then change back sort of thing.

P.S. I have fine hair and cone work great for me but I use a highly soapy shampoo once a week or so to remove them.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I'm not anti or pro silicone. Personally my hair (fine, thin) hates them, makes it stick straight and odd feeling, and very very flat. However my husband, who has massive amounts of hair that "poufs" and has a wave you wouldnt believe, MUST have silicone, its the only thing that seems to make his hair not look like a tumbleweed.

Though its said silicone can "seal the hair" and then prevent moisture intake of the hair, sealing it out, clarifying once in a while should take care of that (thats what hub does before a moisture treatment)..... then goes back to his cones.

Though the "Science" behind the possible moisture lock out of silicones seems pretty true to me, I haven't exactly seem someone's hair damaged by silicones. I think more damage is done by bleach, box colors, and lack of care, than a silicone.

I say, if your hair likes it, ditch popular theory and opinion, and do what your hair likes best, you'll be happiest for it.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

So my hair hair loves cones, but I need some natural condish too. The funny thing is that I can wash my hair less frequently when I use cones

Length
    1"/20"/BSL
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

My hair and 'cone based products are definitely not on speaking terms but it sounds like you'll only find out through trial and error....good luck!

Length
    16/23.5/30
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I swap back and forth between cones and no cones, if I use either for too long my hair is not happy, but having said that it doesn't cause any damage, it just doesn't look so nice. Having fun experimenting and finding what does or does not work has been and still is the best part of growing my hair.
    1b/f/i
    growing out the sparklies

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

The beauty of cones is clarifying. They are not permanent, unlike some other 'bad' things out there for hair. You can wash em off, might take a while but it can be done.
    Personally I used cones for many, many years. I all but stopped using them about 8-10 months ago, and really the difference in the dryness/texture of my hair is minimal thus far. The difference that really stuck out to me was that cones made my fine hair limp and flat. But, shiny and soft too. Now that there are no cones in my routine, my hair has more body, but the softness/moisture level and damaged ends all seem to be the same.
    I chose not to use cones for health, not beauty, reasons. I say if you try it and it works, why not?
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

There are so many different type of silicones. Some stay on hair, some evaporate etc.

I would love to know all the names of the conesand which are to be avoided more then the others.

I find that the basic cones leaves my fine hair limp yet soft and not tangled. I like SMT that I made. Before I started using chemical tints/dye on my hair I conditioned, not to much. I did not have many problems with the limp hair, I used a bit of conditioner to untangle my hair and keep it untangled.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm so glad to see that the replies here are accepting that 'cones work for some people. I decided to try cones last fall because my very fine hair was getting so tangled by just existing that I was afraid I would need to cut it just to keep it. I had tried oils but they weren't cutting it and my hair was just winding up greasy. I don't use anything heavily 'coned--those make my hair go really flat. I do find that something with a cone or two can make all the difference in my random tangles--especially the nape tangles.

Lady Magicatthe, Mother of Cats in the Order of the Long Hair Knights