Thread: spreading out washings causing dandruff help?

Length
    BSL/Hip/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default spreading out washings causing dandruff help?

Okay so I've been trying to be nicer to my hair by not washing it daily and surprisingly it was working out fairly well or so I thought my hair wasn't as greasy as I expected and I could wear it up in a bun and it wasn't noticeable at all. problem is I realized today that I have dandruff >.< I haven't had dandruff in forever. I expected that because I wasn't stripping my hair and scalp of oils that it would be healthier not flaky and dry, I noticed this this morning right before taking a shower and the last time I'd washed my hair before that had been wednesday night so I only really went 2 full days without washing my hair which isn't that long. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong exactly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ashley

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: spreading out washings causing dandruff help?

hi,
    i have been doing the same as yourself...have you tried oiling your scalp too? Every so often i run the coconut oil through mine and it's made a remarkable difference to spilts aswell as moisturing my scalp. Are you sure it is dandruff and not just sebum since you are now washing less?

Length
    SL/30/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: spreading out washings causing dandruff help?

I would also suggest oiling your scalp. I have some flakes from time to time but it's not the dry kind, but rather sebum-y, so using the oil dissolves oil theory, a good scalp oiling leaves everything in perfect condition.