Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

Hi guys!!

Edit: Here is the link for the video version, if the pictures don't work for you! Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaTcuEEZdw

This is very similar to a dutch crown, except it imitates Yulia Tymoshenko's famous crown braid. My hair is waist length at the longest layer but much shorter everywhere else. Although her hair could very well be extensions, I don't think it needs to be! Here's my very rough tutorial on how to get the Yulia look with shorter hair.

(It's similar to a dutch crown braid, but easier, I think!)

(starting hair length)

1. I combed my hair into a deep part, then took a rattail brush and and separated out a two centimetre thick halo around my head where I planned on placing the braid.

2.I 'ponytailed' these and let them dangle free. I shall call them 'halo ponytails' while they're still in bunches.

3. I then took the hair from my crown, and anchored it to a small piece of hair from the nape of my neck, and tied these together at the nape of my neck. Let's call it the 'crown ponytail' (This will became the middle strand of the braid.)

4. I then swept the hair from in front of the 'halo' behind and underneath the halo ponytails. Be careful to leave the 'halo' ponytails free!

5. Now I have three sections in the back. We will use these to make the braid. I use the 'crown ponytail' as the middle section, and the two side sections (careful not to use the halo ponytails! They must remain free!)

6. I pulled the three back sections over my right shoulder did two 'bumps' of an english braid, then held in one hand. combed out the 'halo' ponytail on the right side with my free hand.

7. I separated out one piece and added it to the big braid, keeping it tight to my head.

8. I proceeded to braid the hair my hair around my head, adding a piece from the halo at every bump. This anchors the hair to your head and minimizes taper.

Last edited by Arya; May 28th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

9. I got to my left ear, and added the last 'halo' piece to the braid.

I then proceeded to make an english braid. I had enough english braid from my left ear to wrap it around my head and pin it at the top of my head, under the crown braid.

10. used a comb to make the front neater.

Comparison time!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v2zEq0iZp6...Tymoshenko.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v2zEq0iZp6...mous+Braid.jpg

I'm sure it can be done better with wet hair and mousse and more skilled hands! I think if I didn't have bangs, and I positioned my braid sideways like hers, it would be a little thicker. Sorry for the large pictures, this is my second time posting pictures, and my first tutorial. I'm obviously not very good. I hope you enjoyed, though!
    Last edited by SilverLocks; March 2nd, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Change hotlinking to links

Length
    short/32''/40''
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

That's really pretty.

Length
    15/28/29
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Wow, that is very clever!
    shoulder ~ apl ~ bsl ~ waist ~ ???
    Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea! How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!Revd Sydney Smith

Length
    23/24/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I love this! I think my hair needs to do a bit of growing first though

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Wow! Thanks!
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Length
    baldi/8/36
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Wow! Honey you have got some skills (and beautiful hair to match). Brava!
    Lady Caillech Bheur of the Endless Skies, OLHK
    Avatar is before I cut my hair. It's shorter now.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

This is a very pretty style, and I love your hair color. (and I was thinking "shorter hair" was going to be APL at most. Heh. Only on LHC. )

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Account Closed by Member Request

Nice job!!

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Yay! Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you like it. Idid a better job right after this. I wet my hair and it looks much better. I went out for the night and it held like a rock. I got a lot of looks tonight too. I'll post them tomorrow. But I want to see other people's versions, so please try it out and post them. ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Anywhere View Post
    This is a very pretty style, and I love your hair color. (and I was thinking "shorter hair" was going to be APL at most. Heh. Only on LHC. )
    Haha, well people were saying you needed blunt hip/classic length to do it, and some of my layers barely reach my chin!! You should try it on your hair, I don't think it needs the length to work! Like you can see, once I wrapped my hair around my head, I had enough english braid left over to go 3/4 around my head again and pin at the top. If your hair is APL it should still be long enough to tuck under the bottom of the braid. It might work even better if you have less layers than I. The extra length I have didn't really help me, I don't think!