Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

Quote Originally Posted by Una View Post
    You're a legend ...thanks!!! I can't wait to try this.
    Any time! Let me know how it goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    I love this! This is perfect for my length hair and it will give me a coronet braid without making my arms fall off and it might actually work with my hair type (my hair doesn't do well in the french or dutch style curving around my head)!

Can't wait to try it out -- and thanks for posting a video! =)
    Yay! Glad I could help. How did it work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by irishlady View Post
    That looks great! I should try that when my hair is longer.
    By the way, don't mean to be weird, but you look almost identical to me lol...except for hair and eye colour, mine are darker, but your face is very similar to mine!
    Maybe it's because we're both of Irish descent? I'm told I look super Irish (even besides the colouring). Aw, you don't have any pictures of your face in your albums, I was hoping to compare. And you should try the style with wet hair, others have managed it quite well at your length! It's like cornrows, you can have hair two inches long, but the braid can go all the way around your head!

Length
    10/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/M/ii

very pretty!

Length
    BSL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Maybe it's because we're both of Irish descent? I'm told I look super Irish (even besides the colouring). Aw, you don't have any pictures of your face in your albums, I was hoping to compare. And you should try the style with wet hair, others have managed it quite well at your length! It's like cornrows, you can have hair two inches long, but the braid can go all the way around your head!
    I have in my "before shed chop" one, and a few from side only.

Oh I should try that! Thanks for the tip
    Lady Móreadhiel, Whisperer and Guardian to the Creatures of Silence in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    pixie-jaw-shoulder-APL-BSL-WAIST!

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

That's so pretty. I'm trying this once my hair is a little bit longer for sure!

Length
    21?/31/36+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Awesome tutorial! I love how you keep the side part with the crown-braid look--I love crown braids but I don't like the look of my hair pulled straight back from my forehead, so I don't do them very often. I tried it tonight but I ended up with a two-inch braid on one side of my head and then an abrupt jump to a half-inch braid on the other side where the hair in the braid from the center back ended I really liked the way it looked apart from the size jump, though! Next time I will make the "halo" sections larger and the back section smaller and see how that works. At any rate, I'll for sure do it when my hair gets longer!

Length
    8/19/36
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Yay! Glad I could help. How did it work out for you?
    LOVE IT! It took me 2 hours to figure out to angle my head so I could to get the braid against the crown of my head, but it worked!!!! You have no idea how exciting this is -- no other crown braid I've done has worked on my hair!

It's a little thick on the side I started on, but I think that's partially because I didn't pull it firm enough against my head. I'll have to practice a few more times and see if that's still a problem, but hopefully it'll even out nicely like yours!

I will post pictures as soon as I can. THANKS!!!!

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

So pretty!!! It's one of my favourite styles ever!

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    LOVE IT! It took me 2 hours to figure out to angle my head so I could to get the braid against the crown of my head, but it worked!!!! You have no idea how exciting this is -- no other crown braid I've done has worked on my hair!

It's a little thick on the side I started on, but I think that's partially because I didn't pull it firm enough against my head. I'll have to practice a few more times and see if that's still a problem, but hopefully it'll even out nicely like yours!

I will post pictures as soon as I can. THANKS!!!!
    Great!! I'm so glad you like it so much. The first couple times you try it it's not the best, but it's easy to get the hang of this style once you're used to the steps. I'm sure it will look great when you're used to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anya21 View Post
    So pretty!!! It's one of my favourite styles ever!
    Glad I could help

Thumbs up Re: Yulia Tymoshenko Tutorial for Shorter Hair *Pic Heavy*

very beautiful!!!!!

Length
    sl/hip/TB
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Arya, thank you so much for this tutorial! I love the crown braid but could never achieve it without a stiff neck and tired arms. I changed one part of your method - I just used all of the hair in front, from ear to ear instead of the thinner pieces as you did. My hair is layered and it took more of my hair to get this style completed, but I must say it looks pretty good.