Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel like your bangs/fringe grow slower?

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Feel like your bangs/fringe grow slower?

Ever feel that way? My length has gotten longer noticeably, but my bangs seems to just stay where they are! I know that's not logical, but it's just how it feels, and they're right in my face so it just feels like it takes longer than they probably do.

On the other hand, are there people who have actually measured and found that their bangs grow at a different rate than the rest?

Grow, bangs, grow! ><

Length
    Pixie/32 in/44 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Feel like your bangs/fringe grow slower?

I have not measured my bangs vs the rest of my hair, but I have the opposite problem. It feels like my bangs are growing so incredibly fast! Granted, my hair grows a bit faster than average at .75" or more a month, so I guess its not that surprising, its just annoying to try and find time to get my bangs trimmed.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

technically my bangs do grow slower.. my canopy (including bangs) grows at half the speed of the underside so im always developing layers.. i have a theory why.. under a microscope my canopy hairs are much thicker and have a medulla.. under the microscope my underside has no medulla visible and is much less thick.. this is why my canopy is coarse and the underside is fine.. i think that it takes longer for the coarse hairs to grow because coarse hairs need more protein to build them.. thats my theory
    Last edited by squiggyflop; February 15th, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
    can i call this classic length

Length
    25/26.5/term?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Huh, interesting!
    I feel like... If my hair is really growing as fast as my bangs seem to - I have to cut them weekly or they go from just at the middle of my eyebrows to completely covering my eyes! - it should easily be at waist by now, LOL. My bangs seem to grow SO FAST, but I've always kind of chalked it up to perception: they're right there on my face where I can easily see them, so they seem to be growing fast, plus every little bit they grow represents a rather large proportion of their overall length, whereas the same amount of growth on the length would be barely perceptible, which contributes to the illusion.
    I will be interested to hear what others say, because if I had to guess I would (of course, LOL) have bet good money that most people's experience/perception of bang growth rate versus that of the length is pretty aligned with mine.
    Are you trying to grow them out? If I were trying to grow mine out, I'm sure it would seem like they were growing super slowly. Murphy's Law and all, dontchaknow.

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_rising View Post
    Are you trying to grow them out? If I were trying to grow mine out, I'm sure it would seem like they were growing super slowly. Murphy's Law and all, dontchaknow.
    Yep, I am. It is horrible, hehe.

Length
    Shldr/Bum/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I've noticed this with the hair along my face, just above my ears. I had it cut along with long layered 'bangs' a few years back and I am still trying to even it up with the rest of my hair. I know it's growing slower because the hair along my forehead is now longer! (when it was cut, above my ears was longer)
    Maybe its because of my glasses? Rubbing when put on and taken off??????
    The hair is also slightly thinner at that spot....hmmmm

Hiding away, under the waves, silence wins again...
    I'm under water, where I can finally breathe...

Length
    CL/SL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

It definitely feels that way... Im trying to grow them out at least a little and its taking ages, even though my hair does grow rather quickly... They are almost to the tip of my nose... aka the single most annoying length ever... Just 2 more cm and i can tuck them behind my ears and ignore them...

Do they fall out at a faster rate or something? Is it because you style them separately and so they're more likely to be disturbed, fall out, and appear to be growing slower as a whole?

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stuntpeople View Post
    Do they fall out at a faster rate or something? Is it because you style them separately and so they're more likely to be disturbed, fall out, and appear to be growing slower as a whole?
    Shouldn't be. I don't style them per se. The most I will do to them is re-wet them in the morning and lightly blow dry them into a different position if they are all wonky after sleeping on them. I don't use any products on them or anything.

Length
    bald/44/50in
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

when my hair was growing out from the buzz cut, it seemed to me that my bangs grew faster then the rest of my hair, it seemed that the shorter hair grew really fast and longer part kind of held up and waited.....I know weird huh but yeah thats how I remember it lol

It's so hard to get my hair to lay straight