Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The red thread!

Default Re: The red thread!

[characters]
    Last edited by bunneh.; March 20th, 2016 at 08:28 AM.

Length
    SL/TBL/??
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefox View Post
    Hello all you wonderful redheads

I just started out here and as my hair is as red as it gets I figured I should introduce myself and my mane in this thread

I have been dying my hair since 2012 and I love my red hair!
    My darling dyes my hair (he does a fantastic job as you can see ) and we use Majicontrast to lighten up (if necessary) or a mixture of different Manic Panic and Directions shades.
    My favorite shade is the one in the middel, I like to keep the hair colour very cool with strong purple/pinkisch reflexes
    I am in awe. Littlefox this is just ridiculously beautiful!

Length
    SL/TBL/??
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunneh. View Post
    Hennaed my hair yesterday and I love the results!

Bunneh I saw you commenting on the henna thread about dying it, looks like it turned out awesome! Gorgeous sheen.
    Last edited by syndel; November 7th, 2015 at 07:33 AM.

Length
    15/42/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I was born with red/auburn hair.
    I promised myself when I was younger that I would never dye my hair, and I haven't, yet. Of course, in 30 years I may change my mind....

syndel thank you! I've been posting these pictures all over the place because I got so excited... Oops -^^-''

Length
    SL/TBL/??
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunneh. View Post
    syndel thank you! I've been posting these pictures all over the place because I got so excited... Oops -^^-''
    Please continue! We love pictures here.

Length
    16/16/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and as interested in making my hair redder as I am longer!

I'm naturally a coppery auburn in the summer and a chocolatey brown in the winter. I am loathe to make it lighter, but I want it to be brighter... I've been experimenting with different vegetable dyes for a couple of years, and directions pillarbox has become my staple, particularly in the summertime. Despite the lovely effect, the devastatingly quick fade time has led me to try out henna this winter. After two applications, two months apart, the condition of my hair is lovely, and there is a definite copperiness all over. However, I'm concerned about it getting gradually darker over time.

I think that a course of henna and pillarbox directions on alternating months is probably the way forward for me, although I'm not sure when to stop hennaing my length and focusing on the roots...

Some photos:

Summer, just post Directions dye, and in the 'right light' - how I wish it looked all the time!

More typical slightly faded auburny look

Post-henna darkness up top...

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Ooooh, a redhead thread! I'll fit right in

(all natural, but it has become darker and bit duller as I got older. Maybe it'll come back to its former glory now that I take good care of it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefox View Post
    Hello all you wonderful redheads

I just started out here and as my hair is as red as it gets I figured I should introduce myself and my mane in this thread

/IMAG2680_zpsocqlv9ww.jpg?1446724825824&14467248277 66&1446724831588&1446725155464[/IMG]

(really annoying that the one pic is tad bigger )

I have been dying my hair since 2012 and I love my red hair!
    My darling dyes my hair (he does a fantastic job as you can see ) and we use Majicontrast to lighten up (if necessary) or a mixture of different Manic Panic and Directions shades.
    My favorite shade is the one in the middel, I like to keep the hair colour very cool with strong purple/pinkisch reflexes
    Oh my God! That's AMAZING!! I've never seen such a beautiful red hair!

And as for me, I'm a red head now too My natural colour is dark brown but I prefer to dye it almost constantly, the last time before stopping this was the dark red colour like on this picture

I also tried a very bright red several years on my head, it looked very similiar to this one http://hairstylezz.com/best-emo-hair...-for-girls/26/ and was very cool! But considering my natural colour... Well the bleachings are very harmful for the hair
    Last edited by sommer; July 22nd, 2016 at 06:18 PM.

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Oh, a redhead thread. I guess I belong here, since I was born with red hair and have never dyed it.

This is the picture I used for hair typing. The way the color looks on my phone is actually a fairly accurate representation of how it looks, but I do have some naturally lighter tones in my hair that don't show up in this picture.

A better quality picture with bun-waves. The color in this one is also more accurate:
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC