Thread: ACV rinse

Default ACV rinse

My mom used to rinse my hair in Apple Cider Vinegar when I was 6 years old and had hair down to my bum. At 7, they cut my hair off to my shoulders and I cried for two weeks. No more rinsing with ACV after that. I started washing my own hair then since it was much shorter but mom would let me have the ACV.

Anyhoo, I use it once or twice a month now, but I use it after my shampoo and before my conditioner. I like the results but should I be using it after I condition?

What is the difference? Which way is better? I would love to hear how others use ACV.
    ~It's a brush, not a wand~

Nulliparous Snarkus RadiantNeedle's Avatar
    Length
    15"/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: ACV rinse

I've done it both ways! At the moment I'm using it after washing and before conditioning because I'm wanting to see if I can improve my frizz problem. I need to find a balance between acidic enough to help with my scalp problems and less acidic so I don't get so much frizz.
    To be honest, I'm not noticing much difference there. The only improvement is that my hair doesn't smell as much if I condition after ;D
    8<3
    Currently Knee Length, Ridiculous Bunwaves, Sulphate Free Shampoo, Conefree Condish, Coconut Oil Addict!

Length
    12in/42in./50in.
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

I love AVC rinses, and with baking soda added, it gives my hair a beautiful sheen and softness. I "eyeball" it and mix two parts water with one part AVC and a tablespoon of baking soda, apply with a spray bottle, wait ten minutes and rinse.

Length
    10"/18"?/24"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I don't know that one way is better than the other. If your method is working you should stick with it. Maybe try the other way to see if the results are better? I only recently heard about ACV rinses because of switching to shampoo bars. The times I tried conditioner after rinsing didn't work well for me. I tried it before shampooing and that was fine. My best results so far are with just ACV rinse (1 part ACV to 10 parts filtered water). I let it sit a minute and rinse well and my hair is wonderful! I always HAD to use conditioner in the past...but my new Chagrin Valley bars have changed that and I could not be happier!!