Thread: Can someone explain |all one length

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Default Can someone explain |all one length

Can someone explain all one length!!

Does it mean fallling to the same length on your body or the strand itself. I have a layering problem. could be due to damage though I don't see splits or due to growth speed. But my canopy falls 6 inches shorter on my body than the lower layers but still measures out to be only 2 to three inches shorter in actual length.

I am just trying to know if I am driving my self crazy expecting the canopy on average to ever meet the lower layers ever. That is definately the prettiest but if not natural for me I may be able to just relax and accept it. I wonder constantly becauase if cutting the ends to meet will improve growth I may bite the bullit and do it.
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Can someone explain |all one length

"All one length" is misleading. Everybody has hairs of every length between barely emerging from the scalp to the longest length. Old hairs shed out, new hairs grow in.

What "all one length" means is that you trim the bottom of the longest hairs to keep the hem as thick and even as possible. If you don't trim at all, you will get uneven ends because some hairs grow for a longer period of time than other hairs, also some hairs grow faster than other hairs.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagecoilylocks View Post
    ...But my canopy falls 6 inches shorter on my body than the lower layers but still measures out to be only 2 to three inches shorter in actual length.

I am just trying to know if I am driving my self crazy expecting the canopy on average to ever meet the lower layers ever. That is definately the prettiest but if not natural for me I may be able to just relax and accept it. I wonder constantly becauase if cutting the ends to meet will improve growth I may bite the bullit and do it.
    It's just a matter of anatomy; if all your strands are the exact same length, they will fall at different levels on your back, because the ones at the top of your head have further to go than the ones at your nape.

When most people say "all one length", they really mean "a blunt, straight hemline", which means that all strands end at the same place on your back. This requires trimming for most people.

If you prefer a blunt hem you could try to get there gradually, trimming new growth your bottom layers while letting the canopy grow to meet them. You mention "improving growth"; changing your hemline won't change your growth rate, so just do what you prefer aesthetically!

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

What spidermom said.

I think some people also call hair "all one length" when they don't have any fringe/bangs or face-framing layers.
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I generally take it to mean "not layered". Often it's hair that ends in a straight line (blunt cut), but I tend to think shallow Us and Vs can still fall into the "one length" category.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Thank you so much everyone I feel alot better now just kept thinking I had to do something to get the canopy the same as th rest. Well since it is natural i will leave it to its own ways.
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily