Thread: SMT for a 6 year old?

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default SMT for a 6 year old?

Hey there,

I have a question regarding SMT's. It seems to work a miracle on my own hair, which is really thick and almost coarse.
    My 6 year old DD did not inherit my hair She has very fine hair which is dry-ish and very prone to breaking. She would love love love to grow her hair long, but it isn't easy. Last summer we had it cut to jaw length, to remove all the 'broken' and strangly bits. Since then, it hasn't grown much, it's about chin length now. But again very porous... I try not to wash it a lot (about once every two weeks is more than enough, it doesn't get greasy), only use a blowdryer on a lukewarm setting when it freezes and she needs to go outside, but it doesn't seem to help much.
    So that's why I was thinking of maybe try an SMT on her hair? I'm worried that it might be overload though...
    What do you girls think?

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: SMT for a 6 year old?

I'd try an SMT, I don't think it would hurt anything. I would start washing her hair every other day, CO and scalp massage while CO'ing. That way, she thinks you're washing her hair, but she's truly getting a frequent scalp massage. It may be buildup causing so much breakage? But I could be totally wrong too If she doesn't sleep on a satin pillow, it's probably the friction from sleep that causes alot of the problems..

Does she take vitamins? They've made all the difference for my children, especially for their hair and skin.
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

A little protein might help. Check out this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=86906

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My mom used to use the Cholesterol treatments on my fine, tangly hair about once per week, even when I was 4 or 5. It worked pretty well on my hair when I was that young.

An SMT may do the same thing. I'd give it a try!
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I tried the SMT on my daughters' hair yesterday, and it looks and feels lovely now. My mom and sister are intrigued by what happened to her hair :-)

Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

What is an SMT? From your description, it sounds like her hair is just like my daughters hair too, and I'm not sure what to do with it! Whatever an SMT is, I'd like to try it, because you said it worked so well, I hope for the same results!

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So glad it helped...I was doing it on my own daughters at around 4 years old.

SMT is short for Snowy's Moisture Treatment. If you search under the recipes and natural products section you'll find the recipe and instructions there. Good luck with your daughters...both of you.