Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henna+heat =brown hair???

Length
    APL/APL/MBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Henna+heat =brown hair???

I just realized the Here's was a link, and I just read it. So using the flat iron will not brown the henna out, but turn it to a more wine/burgundy color? I'm still going to wait several days to use a flat iron, but I am actually looking to get a deep red/ burgundy color.

Another question(for anyone), I'm using Henna Hut henna, would it matter if I added cinnamon as Criddee suggested and lemon as well to it to change up the smell?

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I use Jamila henna, and the 'burned' color was definitely a muddy brown, not wine/burgundy at all. Other henna's may differ, so I'd recommend strand testing first before trying anything on your head
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Saila_ View Post
    Why do you feel the need to flat iron? Honest question, not trying to be snarky.
    Well honestly cause it's the only way I know to get it to go straight! Umm... at the moment my hair just looks so blah when I leave it alone, there are wavy bits, straighter bits, curlier bits... it's just all over the place, not to mention frizzy!

I definitely don't flat iron much, but if I'm going out and want to look nice I tend to do it, because it makes me feel more attractive! I would love to get to a time when I think my hair looks great without having to use any appliances at all...and I'm hoping that when it thickens up a bit and is healthier, that it will look good without any sort of help at all!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    chin/shldr/bsl
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerise View Post
    Well honestly cause it's the only way I know to get it to go straight! Umm... at the moment my hair just looks so blah when I leave it alone, there are wavy bits, straighter bits, curlier bits... it's just all over the place, not to mention frizzy!

I definitely don't flat iron much, but if I'm going out and want to look nice I tend to do it, because it makes me feel more attractive! I would love to get to a time when I think my hair looks great without having to use any appliances at all...and I'm hoping that when it thickens up a bit and is healthier, that it will look good without any sort of help at all!
    I'm sure it will! I like all the before and after pictures here:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...r-cg-pics.html
    10/25/10 - Chopped.
    Learning to braid.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i

I still use my flat iron and I've noticed no great difference. But then again I've only ever used it at the lowest setting which is aimed at people with fine hair, and I don't move it through as slowly as I've seen stylists do. I move it through fairly quickly and at a setting which is almost cool enough to touch with my hand.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Have you tried hair wrapping to straighten? It works phenominally well for me when I can use it. The only problem is, to do the hair wrapping thing, I have to wash my hair at night - which would mean that I would have to do my workout when I get home from work. And I just don't have any energy to do much of anything when I get home from work. And during the months I wasn't working out, I gained a horrific amount of weight, that I'm still trying to lose. So I'm sacrificing some hair health for muscle tone at this point - I'm showering/CO washing every morning, and blow drying on the coolest setting. I really miss how awesome my hair looked when I was wrapping it!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    shldr/bcl/more?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Well, henna sort of straighten the hair anyway, doesn't it ?

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post
    Eh, it takes wave out, but it doesn't leave it smooth and styled the way blow drying does. Hair wrapping gives that smooth, styled effect without the heat.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    chin/shldr/bsl
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aeltt View Post
    For some people, it loosens their wave or curl pattern. It varies though. Some people notice no change.
    10/25/10 - Chopped.
    Learning to braid.

Length
    20"/20"/40"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I use Henna from hennahut.com I have never had one problem... their henna is far superior to any henna I have tried...

Their henna is premixed and only take one hour to get the color you want.
    Check them out for yourself.

Star Eagle