Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Old accounts cleanup - accidentally deleted members show up as "Guest"

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: FYI: Old accounts cleanup

Last time there was a clean-out I went from #4600 to #3028. I'm looking forward to seeing what my number will be now.
    ...Because I am a dork.

Thanks for your hard work, Dianyla!
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Last time there was a clean-out I went from #4600 to #3028. I'm looking forward to seeing what my number will be now.
    ...Because I am a dork.

You mean our numbers change?!?! I had no idea. I wonder if mine has ever changed? Do the mods always announce clean-outs? I don't think there's been a clean-out since I've joined. Fascinating!
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyViki View Post
    You mean our numbers change?!?! I had no idea. I wonder if mine has ever changed? Do the mods always announce clean-outs? I don't think there's been a clean-out since I've joined. Fascinating!
    I think the last time it happened was after The Great Server Crash wherein we broke LHC. (If memory serves, that was February of 2008.) Some people dropped hundreds of numbers and some didn't drop much, so mine was kinda average.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

So... question. If we had around 35,000 members, but the "members" page lists only 11,000 or so, who are the other 24,000? Dianyla mentioned 1,500 unverified accounts and 3,500 banned bot accounts. That still leaves 19,000 accounts... Are these folks who signed up, verified their account emails, but just never posted anything?
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I didn't even know we had numbers. I'm an uber-dork.

Thanks, mods, for doing this cleanup work. I know it's a lot of effort on your part, but looks like it's long overdue.

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

...Because I am a dork.

How do I see my number? I'm not finding anything in my statistics that looks like it would by my number.
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tigr View Post
    How do I see my number? I'm not finding anything in my statistics that looks like it would by my number.
    If you view your profile, your number is in the URL. You're member 27,801.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    bald/APL?/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

And because I had to check, I'm number 4815!

For a post that is a little more on topic, thanks for doing this. I'm a huge fan of cleaning things up, whatever they may be.
    Lady Aemanaeka with the Eyes of Yce in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    Current Length: Almost Waist
    Goal Length: Waist/Hips/Tailbone/Classic
    Wife number 87.

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Oh, fuddddge!!!

This cleanup job was supposed to only delete accounts older than a year, with zero posts, and no verified email address. Unfortunately the "zero posts" criteria did not apply to this and there are at least 3 users who were active members (just with broken email) and their accounts have been deleted.

I am working with those who have contact us to rebuild (cannot restore) their accounts. Please, if any of you are in touch with anyone else whose access is not working (via FB, LJ, etc) encourage them to contact us. We would not ban people this way, despite all the recent paranoia about the Mysterious Ways In Which Mods Work. This was a flat out screw-up on my part and not representative of any moderation action.

See, this is why you shouldn't clean ALL the things.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

...Because I am a dork.
    Nope, those won't change normally. The only reason people's uid's changed was because when the Great Board Crash happened a few years ago Stephanie had to basically build a new forum from scratch. She imported people's accounts over from the archive forum and so all of the gaps were taken out of the uid sequence and condensed.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.