Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finger combing causes frizz:(

Default finger combing causes frizz:(

guys, I am really desperate here. you see, if I don't at least fingercomb my hair at least once per day it gets so tangly I don't even wanna get there (and I tried to go 3-4 days without touching my hair so don't think I am taking some minor tangliness way too seriously here, I know what is tangled hair and mine's really tangled by the end of one no finger combing day).

BUT if I touch my hair it turns into a frizz ball and curls loose their definition dramatically (and I am talking about finger combing here!).

where do I go from here??

would be thankful for any kind of advice!

for reference: my hair length - APL when dry, hairstyle - layered, 3b

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: finger combing causes frizz:(

Are you wearing it loose?

I don't have a problem with brushing and combing my hair, despite having curly hair, because I don't wear it loose anyway. I plait it or bun it. If you have it out of the way, the frizz doesn't show as much so it doesn't matter if you comb it.

Hope this helps.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Yes, I wear it loose.

I guess my question is for those who also have apl or longer 3b hair and wear it loose then.

Length
    22.5/32/inf.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

If your hands are causing static (strange, but maybe it's from your sleeves or something) you could get a very wide toothed wooden comb (rake) so you wouldn't have to touch your hair.

A drop or two of oil might help de-frizz your hair, but then being a 1a I don't know much about curls sorry!

Account Closed by Member Request

Are you finger combing when your hair is dry or wet? Put some product or oil on your hands and then work through while finger combing. Do this when your hair is wet and it won't frizz out while it dries, the product will be evenly distributed, and you'll have nice springy curls.

Length
    26/26/40+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Oh no. Finger combing is almost all I do these days. I have damaged hair and it does tend to frizz, especially while it is air drying. But for me going through it with my fingers actually seems to help it. I do use a little coconut oil on the ends and I use, wen, which comes with a styling cream that you put on your hair when it is still wet. I like it because it helps tame my hair and is not sticky or drying like gel or other products.

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

My hair does not get messed with from drying after putting my product in to next wash with tons of conditioner. I do not run my fingers through my curls, I put it up and sleep on it. I expect tangles. It doesn't matter because the next detangling session is when my hair is wet and full of conditioner.

My suggestion, if you want to have curly hair and wear it down, don't mess with it. Period.

Length
    Chin/Chin/Waist
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii

I felt like that too. but use a good oil that works for you when fingercombing or eventually do a chelating shampoo , maybe there is too much sediment in hair.

(L) Peace

Length
    SL/short/??
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

After you fingercomb, try spraying your hair with water (or water mixed with a little conditioner), then scrunch with aloe vera gel or your favourite product spread lightly on your hands. Then, leave it alone while it dries. You should get at least some curl definition back.