Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounds for being banned?

Default Grounds for being banned?

Could someone fill me in? Thanks.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Grounds for being banned?

Repeatedly violating the terms of service is the most common one we notice, as the violator will interact with us in threads then *poof* banhammer.

However i'd bet a more common one is spam, since those are both instantly banned and the ones where the threads are actually deleted. We don't see or notice for the deletion, and its also the only instance I've ever heard or seen of mods deleting stuff on the forum proper (as opposed to say, blogs).

It is also ridiculously unlikely you or anyone else will get banned without a looooooooooot of forewarning.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I think that they use some sort of point system, and if you exceed x amount of annoyance points you can get a temporary or permanent ban. I assume that they would warn you if you were getting close — it wouldn't be something that randomly happened unless you started spamming the boards.
    There is no passion to be found in playing small, in settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living- Nelson Mandela. My blog: http://www.ibleedlipstick.com

Thanks ibleedlipstick+akurah.

I was curious because I saw a few users with a red line through their username. I thought they deleted their accounts but it said banned.

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Always a good idea to review the Terms of Service and KNIT from time to time. For details of Infractions and Penalties.

Suffice to say that bans of regular members are not imposed lightly, and are earned by the member in question.

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by trolleypup View Post
    Always a good idea to review the Terms of Service and KNIT from time to time. For details of Infractions and Penalties.

Suffice to say that bans of regular members are not imposed lightly, and are earned by the member in question.
    Haha Trolleypup I love your use of the word earned!!

At elementary school you could earn the right to use The Red Pen for one whole day, if you had done all your school tasks exceedingly well. The red banned-stripe around here reminds me of that reward . Wouldn't want to earn banning points though. I'd rather let this reward pass me by

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I was curious too, because I also saw several posts by members who's names were lined out and red.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by trolleypup View Post

The infractions and penalties scared me some. Sometimes I have alot of typos and go back and correct them. Do I accumulate points for editing typos or is it only if you delete the whole thing? Im going to have to pay more attention!
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Account Closed by Member Request

I'm so glad you asked this question, I have been wondering the same thing. I keep seeing people's names that have been "banned" in red and I'm scared

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelSpring View Post
    The infractions and penalties scared me some. Sometimes I have alot of typos and go back and correct them. Do I accumulate points for editing typos or is it only if you delete the whole thing? Im going to have to pay more attention!
    Anybody who accumulates any amount of points is always notified of it when it happens. They are not handed out at all lightly or freely either. Editing typos won't get you points. It just gets you a little more typo-free, so I'd call that a winning scenario.

The infraction you're thinking of is deleting an entire message. That can result in an infraction, as it disrupts the conversation and flow of the thread it's in.