Thread: 14 month old's tangles- help

Length
    ear/bsl+/ankle
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Default 14 month old's tangles- help

I am new here, but have been reading the forums for awhile. My 14 month old daughters hair gets really tangled from where she sleeps on it and from where she rubs it in her carseat. have tried just trimming the damaged parts, but a lot of it is damaged, i want her hair to grow but the long parts are very thin, and a lot of it she rubbed off when she was a littler baby, so it just broke off, and it has grown to almost her neck, but is very damaged at the ends at least an inch from the bottom in some places. It just seems like an inch is a lot to cut when her hair in that area is only about 2 inches long and i really want her hair to be longer, i dont want people to mistake her for a boy. I have been oiling it, and hopefully that will help, but when she gets out of her car seat or wakes up in the morning it is so full of tangles, only where the damaged parts are. Please help, any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Length
    21in/36in/40in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: 14 month old's tangles- help

Ahh, to have had a baby daughter with long hair, lol, mine was three before her hair even started to grow! Using the no tears tangle spray really helps to get the tangles out, yes it has some of those dreaded chemicals but it really does work. Pig tails durring the day will cut down on tangles from playing and in the car seat, maybe even fasten a old silk/satin hanky across the back of the seat could help. My daughter is 7 now and still hates to have her hair done but its just one of those "fun" parts of being a mom to a beautiful daughter, good luck!
    Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the Hair I wish for tonight!