Thread: how often should curly hair be cut?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    16/16/24

Default how often should curly hair be cut?

How often should curly hair be cut when growing out dye and how much?

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: how often should curly hair be cut?

Well, I suppose it all depends on how your ends are looking. If you are noticing a lot of splits due to the dye go ahead and trim a bit. Sometimes just a 1/2 inch can make a huge difference.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

How ends are looking and how you want your hemline. Remember shinkrage. I plan to cut 4 times this year, about 0.5 cm only, because I like my ends even.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

It depends on whether you are maintaining or growing. When I'm growing my hair I either don't cut, or cut every 6 months if I have to. At the moment I'm going for a year without trims. I have split ends but not a huge amount. I just wanted to see how long it would grow in one whole year.

Once I've achieved my length I think I'm going to cut every 3 - 4 months to maintain and cut all the layers out without losing length.

Just see how you go. Make a plan, but if you get to that month and don't want or need to cut, then don't.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Very interesting, julliams. I could prabably go without trims too, since curly hair doesn't show much uneveness. But I've seen more bad reviews than good. I don't take more than an inch a year anyway. Maybe you check the no trim threads, OP.

I know you need/want to grow your hair very fast now. And maybe monistat, too.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    16/16/24

Quote Originally Posted by Lianna View Post
    Very interesting, julliams. I could prabably go without trims too, since curly hair doesn't show much uneveness. But I've seen more bad reviews than good. I don't take more than an inch a year anyway. Maybe you check the no trim threads, OP.

I know you need/want to grow your hair very fast now. And maybe monistat, too.
    I am not putting monistat on my head lol. I just want to hurry up and get rid of the dye its been about 7 weeks since my last cut and i had about inch maybe 2inches off, so maybe i will just have half an inch to an inch taken off as it has grown over half an inch now.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by yellowflower View Post
    I am not putting monistat on my head lol. I just want to hurry up and get rid of the dye its been about 7 weeks since my last cut and i had about inch maybe 2inches off, so maybe i will just have half an inch to an inch taken off as it has grown over half an inch now.
    It's fine if you don't want to, but the "lol" was not needed. A lot of members here use it, it's just an antifungal. When I see members growing more than an inch a month using it...Yeah, I did check it out.

Length
    27/30/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Cut it when you feel you need it, I promise the haircut police won't show up at your door!

I trimmed my hair in July and I plan not to do it again until this spring. I do S&D, once in a while, though.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

if you're growing it out. only when you think you need it (i.e. you see damage or your hair is looking thin of the hemline is uneven)
    if you're maintaining it, about a half inch per month, or whatever your monthly growth rate is.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...