Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

I had a boost when I started taking them, and I was taking a lot (multi, biotin, MSM, EPO, silica). My growth slowed down. I didn't buy them again except the multi and silica. I finished up each bottle and didn't see any difference in my hair after that first month or so of a boost.

I've been eating more eggs the past few weeks because they are cheap, quick and filling; all good things for a student. I've measured about 2" growth in 6 weeks.

Starting to take a lot of vitamins all at once isn't a really great idea because you've no way to know what is or isn't working for you. It takes three weeks for the full effect to be apparent. I wasted a lot of money on what amounted to, over six months, half an inch more growth than I would have had anyway. That's my view of it with hindsight.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    12in/42in./50in.
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

I'm writing all of these vitamins down so I can treat myself at the GNC for Valentine's Day. Thanks ladies.

Length
    8.5"/19"/42"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I had crazy hair loss last year due to stress, weight loss, and migraine medications. I started taking pre-natal vitamins (not pregnant, but I needed the nutrition) and my hair has never been better. Also, I have a lot more energy and my cycles are much more regular.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I take the hair/skin/nails pills, ones I think that I picked up at Target. Not sure of the brand...but it's a dark blue bottle with a tan & yellow label. They taste SO bad but when I take them religiously I did notice a lot more help in the growth aspect. My hair grows pretty quickly on it's own but they seemed to help They always make my nails grow super fast haha.

I also take a vitamin supplement for my health called Juice Plus. It's pretty much the power/extract of fruits & vegetables, all natural. All of the people in my family take them & my mom's hair is lovely, also grows SUPER fast [might just be genetic though!]. So I try to take them much more religiously now. They can only benefit me, & also taking them helps me get the vitamins that I need to grow more healthy hair. So it helps in that respect

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I take a Flintstone vitamin (the only multi that doesn't kill my stomach), 2000mg of MSM, and 1mg of biotin daily. I've only been taking them regularly for a few weeks, before that there were several months when I didn't take anything. Last time I stuck to my supplement schedule for a few months, I saw a marked increase in my growth rate. If I remember correctly, I had an inch of growth in three weeks at one point.

With results like that, why did I ever stop?
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.

Length
    pixie/Shldr/APL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

My hair started growing a little faster, but mostly I have seen an increase in the number of baby hairs, especially on my hairline and crown. I take a multi vitamin with 10% biotin, glucosamine with MSM, eat a healthy diet, and an occasional cup of black sesame tea.

Cirafly24, I am seriously envious of one inch in three weeks! How incredible!
    26/8/1916 - 21/09/2010

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

I have been taking 1000 mcg of biotin and a multivitamin for about 3 months and I definitely have noticed an increase in the thickness of my hair. Also, my new growth is very soft and a lot less dry than before.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

When i was taking 20ml of silica everyday my hair grew superfast! I grew also 1 inch in 3 wks, i just dyed my hair when i started so the growth was really visible.
    I also tried fish oils but not sure about that. RIght now i just take my B vitamin supplement with a bit of biotin in it, i use those the most.
    The silica works best but cost me 40euros a month which i dont have at the moment. I will ask those for my birthday haha in may
    So at least have something with B vitamines, it will grow faster and stronger.
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year