Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Type
    1c/F/i

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

It does take a while to see real results. I've been taking biotin, MSM, silica, and a multi for about 6 months now, and I've noticed increased thickness in my F/i hair - not strand thickness, but a lot more hair in general. I have so many baby hairs growing in, I look like a dandelion! I didn't know my scalp could grow that much more hair, but I think it really is the supplements that have spurred the new growth. My overall growth rate has increased as well, though since I was already a glacial grower, the difference isn't very noticeable.
    - SL - - APL - - BSL - - Waist -

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Cool, thanks everyone!

Grow hair, grow!

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I think I take everthing!!! I take about 8 different vits a day including biotin, silicia, omega, E, C, HA, multi, and others that I can't think right now, AND three different powders, twice a day, about 6000 mg of msm total, 1000 mg chondrotin and 2000 in glucosamine (for bad knee) and I really don't think I have noticed any difference in my hair? and I have been taking most of these for well over a year! but my knee is much much better.. (need a knee replacement but way to young)
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Sorry, a noob question (and i've looked at the abbreviation thread with no luck) but what is MSM??

I have fine, thin hair & looking into some vitamins i can take to help growth etc...

Length
    12/20/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ive been taking biotin, Msm and Lysine as well as a general multi vitamin. I'm thinking of adding an iron supplement, silica and a B complex to all that. I'm a long term vegetarian and Ive had a big problem with hair loss over the last few years (not that my diet is the cause) so have been trying anything to help! I feel I had a good result with biotin and silica in the past. I haven't been taking msm long enough to comment on it yet. Your hair is gorgeous btw and looks really healthy so you would probably be fine with just a good healthy diet and maybe just a multi-vitamin with iron as an added boost!

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Yup. I've gotten out of a growth stall and had a spurt always when I started back on vitamins after a long break. It evens out a bit after the spurt but I definitely get more growth with supplements (and some scalp treatments/massage don't hurt either).
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I've always took a multivitamin, due to health issues when I was younger and now out of habit, and I can safely say I have the best nails of anyone I know. I have no idea if it makes a difference to my hair and I'm not coming off them to find out!

I do notice a difference with my diet though. If I've been a bad bad, within a few days my skin looks terrible. It looks better again when I eat healthy foods.
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by catiebloo View Post
    Sorry, a noob question (and i've looked at the abbreviation thread with no luck) but what is MSM??

I have fine, thin hair & looking into some vitamins i can take to help growth etc...

here is a little info on msm

http://www.msmsupplement.com/

also eta: I guess I can not say the vitamims are not helping since I never actually measured my hair before. I do think I have decent growth now and who knows maybe all the stuff I'm taking is helping
    Last edited by Rocket22; February 8th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Thank you Rocket

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh my gosh, I take those same vitamins and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I try to take them with food, but it usually ends up being a half hour after eating so they don't come back up >_<

I definitely saw a boost in growth though. It was about .75" of growth per month when I took them from June-October 2009. I kind of forgot about them for awhile after that though...