Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Default How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Today I started taking "Maxi-Hair" vitamins by Country Life after seeing nothing less then 4 stars in reviews. All my life I have been taking little chewable Flinstones for kids vitamins, so these are my first "grown up" vitamins (I'm 18, lol).

The pills are huge and probably the most horrid smelling pills I have ever smelled in my life. But, that is all worth it to me if I'm going to see results. Lately I've been shedding a lot, and I would love it if my hair just grew in healthier looking.

So please share your "hair vitamin" stories. How long did it take to see results? Was your hair growing in thicker, or simply growing faster, or shinier..?

Thanks for any replies! I apologize if there is already a topic like this, I searched and didn't find much..but then again I'm not too great at working forums.

Grow hair, grow!

Length
    chin/neck/bra
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

Hi Rosie, I just started hair vitamins 3 weeks ago and I have noticed a difference already. My shedding has stopped and my hair had a nice growth spurt. I know the Biotin and MSM has made a huge difference. I have also loaded up on extra B vitamins and Iron since I am borderline anemic. I will post more results in the next coming weeks. P/S) the vitamins I am on are by GNC Woman's Ultra Nourish Hair. 1200mcg Biotin, 500mg MSM and lots of other good ones

Default Re: How have taking vitamins aimed towards hair care benefitted your hair?

fairy_ends_girl, I am so glad to hear that they are working for you! Those are actually the vitamins that I was originally going to get, but then I found Maxi-Hair on vitacost for a lot cheaper and they are very similar so I stuck with those. Hope to hear some good updates in the upcoming weeks and hopefully posting some of my own!

Grow hair, grow!

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Just like I wrote in the Biotin thread...the way I feel about supplements is that they may not help but they can't hurt. I thinking eating well helps more and vitamins are just what they are called: supplements. They supplement your diet.

Here is some info that might help you:

My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBride View Post
    Just like I wrote in the Biotin thread...the way I feel about supplements is that they may not help but they can't hurt. I thinking eating well helps more and vitamins are just what they are called: supplements. They supplement your diet.

Here is some info that might help you:
    Thank you very much for posting that! I honestly don't eat too great, but I'm gonna work on that and I will use what you posted for a reference.

Grow hair, grow!

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosieex3 View Post
    Thank you very much for posting that! I honestly don't eat too great, but I'm gonna work on that and I will use what you posted for a reference.
    Cool! Start with little changes...like adding some fruit as a snack, or drinking one less soda a day. Stuff like that adds up!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    15/28/33
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I have been taking Biotin as well as MSM religiously for about two months now. It stopped the shedding considerably, but doesn't seem to be doing much for growth. Or maybe I am not seeing it. Even though I keep looking (Like. Every. Day! Maybe that's my issue, LOL). But less shedding is worth taking it, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBride View Post
    Cool! Start with little changes...like adding some fruit as a snack, or drinking one less soda a day. Stuff like that adds up!
    Most definitely, I will keep that in mind..thanks. I've already started drinking three water bottles a day which is a baby step in the right direction,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    I have been taking Biotin as well as MSM religiously for about two months now. It stopped the shedding considerably, but doesn't seem to be doing much for growth. Or maybe I am not seeing it. Even though I keep looking (Like. Every. Day! Maybe that's my issue, LOL). But less shedding is worth taking it, at least for me.
    I'm glad that taking Biotin and MSM stopped your shedding! Hopefully you will notice the growth soon. I have been wearing my hair up pretty much 24/7 lately, and I'll take it down and really examine the length maybe once a month. It helps a lot with noticing growth. GL!

Grow hair, grow!

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist

I have tried various cheapie/store brand hair vits. I did not notice a difference in my hair, but did notice my nails grew stronger

seems the best ingredients are B-6 and biotin for hair/nails

I just take multivitamins (with extra iron and B-vitamins, like there's 150% of vitamin B6, not just 100%) because the ones with Biotin in are much, much more expensive... Even though I've taken it less than a week it seems my hair falls out less!